EPUT is looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Consultant Community Paediatrician in Community Children's Specialist Health to join our Community Specialist Children's Health services based at Lighthouse Child Development service, Southend-on-Sea. The Paediatric targeted services serves a child population of68,000 in South East Essex, including the areas of Southend, Rochford, Rayleigh, Canvey Island and Benfleet. The services are of high quality, evidenced by regular audit, all medical and nursing practice is well founded upon the latest available research. The Lighthouse Child Development Centre has a strong commitment to training and personal development of all staff.
Main duties of the job
This is a new post offering an excellent opportunity to help to develop and shape multidisciplinary pathway for children with neurodevelopmental differences. The post holder will not be expected to work within acute Paediatrics and there are no on-call commitments associated with this post.
The post holder will also work alongside a team of Paediatric Community nurses who work very closely with both Community and Acute colleagues providing a 'Hospital at Home Service'.
The post holder will be a GMC registered clinician responsible for patients allocated to them and will assess, manage, plan and deliver care, including being professionally and legally accountable.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities Undertake clinics including general developmental, Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - under 6yrs and Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - over 5yrs To act as an autonomous, registered practitioner who is legally and professionally accountable for own unsupervised actions guided by the professional code of conduct and Trust guidelines and protocols. Further professional knowledge will have been gained through accredited courses workshops, study and in house training programmes. Undertake sub-speciality clinics as agreed at job planning To be responsible, and accountable, for service delivery to clients/patients. To provide patients and relatives with information and education thus ensuring they have meaningful choices that promote dignity, independence and quality of life. To ensure practice is supported by research, evidence based practice, literature and peer review.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent.
- Full GMC registration.
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register of the GMC for Paediatrics or within 6 months of attainment at the time of interview.
- MRCP / MRCPCH by examination (or equivalent)
- Higher degree e.g. MSc, MD or other higher degree DCH, DCCH, MBA or other relevant diplomas
- CCT in Neuro-disability
Professional Experience Essential
- Some General Professional Training in Paediatrics
- Extensive experience in Higher Specialist Training, including 3 years in Community Paediatrics
- Experience of working with children with special needs.
- Experience of assessing children with neuro-disabilities and neuro-developmental.
- To be able to demonstrate high quality evidence based practice in the field of neurodevelopmental conditions.
- CCT in Community Paediatrics
- Experience in undertaking assessments for Looked after children
- Specialist experience in named safeguarding role
- Training in Autism assessment e.g. DISCO or ADI/ADOS/3DI Undertaken
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.