Clinical Supervisor CBT Therapist - Band 7
The post holder will be part of an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) will provide clinical supervision to Trainee/Qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and Trainee/Qualified High Intensity CBT Therapists. Additionally the post holder will provide high intensity CBT intervention to clients .
Wolverhampton Healthy Minds is part of Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. We are committed to improving health and wellbeing, tackling inequalities and providing high quality, and responsive services within the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) guidelines. The IAPT programme supports the frontline NHS in implementing NICE for people with Depression and anxiety.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking a Fully Accredited BABCP CBT Therapist who has undergone both the PWP and CBT Therapist Supervision training. You will deliver Step 3 intervention to clients presenting with Depression and/or anxiety disorders.
Candidates are also expected to engage themselves in clinical supervision and case management, both in delivering and receiving, and be willing to undertake CPD. You must be able to demonstrate that they have a strong commitment to high quality client care, good organisational skills, can prioritise their workload and have excellent communication abilities.
In return for your enthusiasm, hard work and commitment you will benefit from being part of an expanding service that has shared aims and goals, respects each other's differences and always has the wellbeing of the individual at the centre of all practice. There will be an ongoing commitment to help you develop your skills within the team.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole region we provide:
Adult and older adult mental health services
Specialist learning disability services
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
We currently employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be part of an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) will provide clinical supervision to Trainee/Qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and Trainee/Qualified High Intensity CBT Therapists.
The post holder will be part of an IAPT service and will provide High Intensity Interventions - primarily Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
The post holder will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and they should be committed to equal opportunities.
The post will include working up to two evenings per week until 8pm.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- oQualification from High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma) (Or qualification will be achieved within next 3 months)
- o BABCP Accreditation
- o Supervision training for Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and High Intensity CBT Therapists
- Ability to manage own caseload and time.
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets.
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers.
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in Primary Care.
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post.
- Ability to evaluate and put in place the effects of training.
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice.
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Awareness of Safeguarding Processes and Procedures
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services.
- Experience of Working in Primary Care
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health.
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.