An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 enthusiastic and innovative Integrated Psychological Therapy Practitioners to join our highly skilled team.
We are seeking to appoint 3 Band 6 qualified Mental Health Practitioners to further enhance our service (bases are to be confirmed). This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Mental Health Practitioner who would welcome the opportunity to work within this area of Mental Health Care.
Main duties of the job
The Integrated Psychological Therapies Service (IPTS) provides intensive support for people experiencing mental health related conditions and require psychological therapeutic intervention. We work collaboratively with other mental health service providers and are committed to providing care for service users and their families/carers within the least restrictive environment.
The opportunity to work within the IPTS, which provides evidence based Psychological Therapies and interventions, is in line with modern service delivery.
Interested individuals will be expected to be enthusiastic, flexible to the needs of the service and committed to the working ethos of the IPTS model. The ability to travel between sites in a timely manner is essential as travel across the Three Counties will be required.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews will be held on 14/02/23
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest;
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire;
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres;
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services;
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
Person Specification Qualifications and Knowledge Essential
- Formal Qualification, RMN/Degree in Nursing
- Current registration on a professional register
- Specialist knowledge within the field of clinical skills gained through theoretical and practical training and experience to postgraduate diploma level
- Knowledge of NMC and other professional bodies codes of practice
- Specialist knowledge within the field of clinical skills gained through training & experience
- Knowledge of current policies, practices & procedures within nursing, healthcare and the HDUHB
- Knowledge of extended role responsibilities
- Understanding of clinical competence & clinical governance
- Awareness of topical issues in clinical skills
- Knowledge of clinical supervision & clinical effectiveness in the work place
- Student Nurse Practice Co-ordinator (or equivalent)
- NVQ D32/D33 C21 WNB 998 or equivalent recognised counselling courses
- PSI, CBT certificate
- Knowledge on mindfulness approaches and usefulness and application to interventions in mental health
- Period of post-registration clinical experience where a degree of autonomous working has been required
- Current clinical experience in mental health
- Experience of providing psychological interventions for people with mental health difficulties e.g. anxiety management, distress tolerance.
- Evidence of working on own initiative, managing time and prioritising
- Experience of extended role in clinical responsibilities
- Experience of facilitating or cofacilitating psychological intervention groups or psycho-social education groups.
- Experience of delivering structures psychological therapy under supervision
- Experience of using DBT skills with clients in a group setting.
- Experience of conducting audit / or research
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of Personal Development Review
- Excellent communicator with all members of multidisciplinary care teams
- Self motivator
- Professional attitude to work & team members
- Able to work independantly or as part of a team
- A keen desire & ability to continue to develop the Integrated Psychological Therapies Service
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Commitment to maintaining evidence based practice
- Ability to be able to travel across the Three Counties in a timely manner.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.