To undertake a lead role in the management and development of the service delivery as part of the CMHT Transformation Programme in conjunction with Head of Clinical Service,CMHT Team Operations Mangagers and Consultant Clinical Psychologist , ensuring the systematic provision of a high quality specialist clinical psychology service to CMHT service users. In addition, ensuring that National Guidelines are implemented and adhered to, targets are achieved and strategic developments are influenced by psychological models.
We are committed to equal opportunities and we welcome applicants from all sections of the community to ensure our workforce is representative of the population we serve.
We support anyone with a disability thinking about applying for a job at CWP. If you need help at any stage, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100. Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
Main duties of the job
To manage , supervise, and support the assessment and treatment provided by clinical members of the teams who provide psychologically based care and treatment within the Community Mental Health service.
To work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the systematic governance of psychological practice within the service/team.
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP) supports thousands of vulnerable people across Cheshire and Merseyside. We provide physical, mental health and learning disability services to a total population of around one million people.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or you are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
Visit our 'Working for us' pages on our website to find out more about why you should choose CWP.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for a full copy.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
To ensure that we continue to provide Outstanding for Care (as recently been awarded by CQC), CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking aValues Based Interview/Assessment,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. Please note that DBS costs will be waived for applicants who are being recruited for COVID-19 reasons.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of £13 per year applies. Please see attached Update Service Applicant Guide document for further information.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100 and quote the vacancy reference number.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice. Post-qualification specialist training in particular psychotherapeutic approaches e.g. cognitive analytic psychotherapy, ACT, EMDR, dialectical behaviour therapy.
Knowledge and Expertise Essential
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical, and clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in working with people with complex & specialist needs.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and nonprofessional groups.
- Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology, including complex multivariate data analysis as practiced within the field of clinical psychology.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the BPS.
- Formal training in supervision of other psychologists or equivalent experience 50 hours supervision in a specific modality, case presentations, group supervision supported by short courses approved by the Psychology Head of Service
- Well-developed knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specific difficult to treat groups (e.g. personality disorder, dual diagnoses, people with additional disabilities etc).
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of highly specialised psychological therapies and assessment methodologies.
- Assessed experience of working as a qualified clinical psychologist for a minimum of four years with 2 years at a highly specialist level.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in patient and residential care settings severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, as a qualified Clinical psychologist and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan.
- Experience of teaching, training and/or professional and clinical supervision.
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multidisciplinary care.
- Experience of assessing and treating clients across the full range of care settings.
- Experience of the application of psychology in different cultural contexts.
- Experience of working within a multicultural framework.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.