Children and Young People Specialist Mental Health Tier 3.5 Crisis and Home Treatment Service
1 WTE Permanent position based in Nuneaton - working across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Band 7 - Specialist practitioner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated band 7 Specialist practitioner to be part of our CYP Mental Health Crisis and Home Treatment Team for Coventry and Warwickshire.
The Crisis and home treatment model as part of the Tier 3.5 service provision focuses on a high risk management pathway, to prevent avoidable admissions and support discharges from inpatient units, so that young people are in the least restrictive service for their need. The team has been going through a transformation from the role of the Acute Liaison team to be embedded into the Crisis and Home treatment model for Children and Young People and providing a seamless crisis response no matter where the access point is.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work within a multi-disciplinary approach within CAMHS and our colleagues in the acute care setting. Your role will have a key part to play in collaboratively shaping the continued development of the service model for Children and Young People in Crisis. You will have experience of working within areas of mental health and or children's social care work where risk management is a key component. It is essential that you have professional registration and able to demonstrate holistic care and risk management for the CYP and their family. You will in the role as a band 7 specialist Practitioner have MDT responsibility to ensure the delivery of high quality care, risk assessment and intervention to the referred children and their families within the service model. Clinical experience will be essential in this clinical area to inform contributing to the required monitoring of the performance and effectiveness of the service.
CWPT as part of an exciting expansion of Rise (CAMHS) specialist services is transforming local service provision for Children and Young People in Crisis across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
The role will require some flexible working hours with some on call support to the Coventry and Warwickshire acute hospitals. The service described operates between the hours of 8am 8pm Monday to Sunday with a staggered shift pattern to be managed. The team has a Service Manager, 2 team leaders to support the delivery of this service and clinical leadership from the lead nurse.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside already experienced Acute Liaison Practitioners, as well as being a key member of system approach in terms of collaboration with Commissioners, Acute Trusts and the Rise Leadership Team within the Emotional Wellbeing and Specialist Mental Health services. Your role with the new exciting team will lead and shape the evolution of a service model that will transform the care and treatment for Children and Young People in crisis.
Working collaboratively with our colleagues in the acute Trusts, Social Care, key stakeholders and GPs will also be a significant part of the role.
For an detailed overview on the job role please see the supporting information attached.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Appropriate professional qualification ie clinical psychologist, registered nurse, psychotherapist
- Evidence of post registration training to masters level or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Skilled in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management
- Specialist Knowledge of the range of young people's mental health problems and mental health services
- Knowledge of a range of models currently used in Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Ability to deliver evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Ability to demonstrate competence in at least one form of evidence based psychological therapy
- Knowledge of recent changes and current issues in mental health service provision
- Experience of collaborative multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work
- Significant experience as a clinician in Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Expertise in child & adolescent mental health service provision
- Ability to travel independently in a timely manner
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.