Calling all newly qualified CBT therapists! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to work for Mindsmatter Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) Service.
The Mindsmatter service have dedicated teams of Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs), Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and Counsellors, who offer a range of support to help people make positive changes to reduce stress and anxiety and improve their wellbeing.
An opportunity now exists for a qualified band 6 Cognitive Behavioral Therapist who is passionate about providing meaningful and effective therapeutic experiences to address common mental health problems, to join the wonderful Burnley Mindsmatter Team. Applicants who have not completed their training as a CBT therapist will not be considered. However, we encourage CBT therapists who are due to complete their training soon to apply, but the offer would be subject to successfully completing the course.
Mindsmatter CBT Therapists offer accessible screening, assessment and treatment for common mental health problems. We currently use a hybrid way of working, offering service users a greater degree of choice and flexibility by providing CBT either face-to-face, online, via telephone or in groups. We welcome applications for those who are able to work flexibly using our hybrid model.
Main duties of the job To provide high quality cognitive behavioral therapy to adults with common mental health problems, including those with a degree of complexity To work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of team policies and procedure. To deliver a CBT service in accordance with NICE guidelines, meet key performance indicators and agreed activity levels. To work to the agreed model and number of clinical contacts per week as set by the service To provide advice and consultation on client's care, to non-CBT colleagues and to non-professional carers. To deliver CBT within agreed activity levels and an agreed model. To promote wellbeing and social inclusion. To work flexibly and in accordance with service demands.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- Formally recognised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Post Graduate diploma level
- AND Professional qualification in health or social care, e.g. RMN or Social Worker. OR KSA equivalence
- oEvidence of working towards BABCP practitioner accreditation. And commitment to complete accreditation within 2 years of appointment
- Knowledge in relation to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy theory and practice to post-graduate level.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Knowledge of the IAPT model.
- An understanding of the key performance indicators in IAPT services and how they relate to clinical practice.
- Experience of delivering specialist Cognitive Behaviour Therapy assessment and treatment of clients in Adult Mental Health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of clients with presentations of anxiety and depression, including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of promoting well being and social inclusion
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to sustain intense levels of concentration responding and participating as required.
- Ability to self-reflect and use clinical supervision appropriately.
- Ability to lead supervision appropriately
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.