We are looking for an enthusiastic clinician, keen to work with us in shaping and developing our services to meet the challenges of delivering appropriate care in the right place and at the right time.
We pride ourselves on integrated working, not only within the wider therapy team of which you will be part but also with other health professionals in acute and primary care, local authority and voluntary sectors.
Following significant investment into Adult Community Services this is an extremely exciting time to be joining the team. The post holder will be working alongside the B8a clinical leads in neuro and Occupational therapy developing the Occupational therapy provision to adults in Enfield with a neurological diagnosis.
Main duties of the job
You will supervise more junior OT staff as well as therapy assistants The post will give you the opportunity to assess, treat and manage a wide range of clinical neurological presentations and to work closely with other AHP's, specialist Nurses and a wider MDT.
You will provide a very high standard of Occupational Therapy care to patients under the Neurological rehab team and their carers/family in a community setting, meeting the needs of the multicultural and diverse population.
Together with other senior staff to act as a resource for specialist advice to the rest of the Community rehabilitation and therapy services, and others within wider multidisciplinary services
Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust provides local, regional and national award-winning healthcare services. We have more than 3.300 staff working out of 20 main sites serving a population of 1.2 million people. We provide community health services and mental health services for young people, adults and older people. Our North London Forensic Service treats and cares for people in the criminal justice system who have mental health conditions. We also provide one of the largest eating disorders services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services.
We are an organisation that is passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion; one that prides itself in developing the leadership capabilities of its employees, looking after their health and wellbeing, creating safe spaces for staff to speak up and providing opportunities to mentor and be mentored. Our employees are the reason for delivering Good CQC ratings, excellent outcomes and outstanding patient experiences, so it is our aim to create a happy and healthy working environment where you can thrive and succeed.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Please refer to the attached Job description and Person Specification for main responsibilities of the role.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Evidence from C.P.D. portfolio of ongoing relevant post-graduate training both theoretical and practical to a high level.
- Recognised Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Post-graduation/Msc in relevant area (neurology
- Leadership training
- Membership of professional body or interest group
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Experience at band 7 level or significant experience at band 6 level/equivalent in adult neurology
- Demonstrate appropriate postgraduate experience working across Occupational Therapy core areas to support the rehabilitation needs of the patient.
- Experience of working in community services
- A good working knowledge of the NHS Long term plan and other relevant national guidelines, and their impact on service delivery.
- Experience of leading project/audit and leading change
- Knowledge of neurological therapy and care pathways within North central London.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Essential
- Fluent in written and spoken English including the ability to generate letters and reports of a high caliber.
- Advanced clinical reasoning and problem solving skills within neuro and other relevant clinical areas
- Ability to supervise and teach.
- Good presentation skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- Car owner/ driver with valid UK driving license with access to car for work use.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.