An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced mental health nurse to join the Leeds Assertive Outreach Teams (AOT). The teams provide a city wide seven day extended hours service, with working hours of Monday - Friday 9am-8pm and weekends and Bank Holidays 9am - 5pm. Due to the area the service covers being a car driver is essentialMain duties of the job
Ideally you will have had community and care coordination experience but this is not essential and you will be supported to gain confidence in this. You will need to have experience of working with psychosis, and a genuine interest in supporting the recovery of people experiencing severe and enduring complex mental health problems who are difficult to engage, may have a dual diagnosis and a history of risk. You will need to demonstrate innovative and creative ways to working with service users and have knowledge of working within the mental health act.
Through the CPA process you will offer individual packages of care working with a smaller caseload than is typical in a CMHT of twelve service users as a full time worker within a team approach structure. This care will be delivered through the team approach in a multidisciplinary team, therefore good communication and team working skills are necessary. The MDT team will support you to deliver quality care to service users both in the community informally, subject to CTOs, and service users who require hospital admission.
We would welcome any interested applicants to have a discussion either over the phone or to come and visit the team to find out more.About us
The Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) is the main provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York and some highly specialised services across the country. As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
There are many benefits of working for LYPFT including fantastic employee wellbeing support, 27 - 33 days annual leave, flexible working and remote working arrangements, the NHS Pension Scheme (LYPFT pays 20.6% into your scheme each year), coaching, support and opportunities for career development and training and education support alongside a range of exclusive discounts and payment schemes including for cars, extra leave days and more organisations such as Blue Light Card, Health Service Discounts and NHS Discount Offers.
We also have an incredible bank department, offering variety of roles in nursing, allied health professions, healthcare support worker and administration clerical. Permanent employees are automatically added to bank. Bank-only workers can choose the hours they want to work and will have the opportunity to gain additional experience, keep skills up to date, develop new ones and earn extra money without having to commit to a permanent role. For an informal discussion or more information please contact the team firstname.lastname@example.org Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work as a member of the Assertive Outreach team in providing a city wide service for patients with highly complex, severe and persistent mental health problems seven days per week;
- To provide day to day co-ordination of the team, as required;
- To act as care coordinator, responsible for the management of a case load including the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of care packages;
- To ensure an effective learning environment for students and other staff, regardless of the professional background;
- To carry continuing responsibility for the setting and monitoring of standards of care in line with Clinical Governance requirements;
- To promote nursing values and interventions in the MDT and with service users
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with other community teams/agencies within the statutory voluntary and private sector.
- Have a nursing (mental health) qualification and registration with the NMC
- Significant post registration experience of working with service users who have mental health difficulties who experience psychosis
- Community post requiring a car driver with a valid driving licence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.