We are looking for a self-motivated and dedicated nurse to join our experienced multi-professional service team. The Richmond Single Point of Access (SPA) is part of the Trust's Community Adult Service Line, which aims to receive, triage, and assess referrals from GPs, external providers, and self-referrers.
Both services are the primary point of access for referrals relating severe mental health illness needs between the ages of 18 - 75. The teams consist of a multitude of differing professions inclusive of nursing, Medical, OT and Social Work to deliver initial triage and assessment reviews and determine the appropriate treatment pathway streams for patients to engage with.
The services are presently undergoing transformation in accordance with the NHS Long Term Plan (2019) and actively reviewing process and operational policy to deliver upon the guidance in accordance with the long-term strategy.
Applicants applying for the role need to be qualified and committed to providing responsive and high-quality clinical services, in addition to being actively involved with changes to service delivery.
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for an assigned caseload of pending referrals and the provision of high-quality care for patients referred to you within the service. You will support patients via actions of triage and assessment review and screen new referrals as part of the wider service duty system.
You will identify mental health needs with patients, carers, and referrers through information gathering and via the assessment process, with the use of evidence based/client centred principles. You will evaluate plans and interventions in conjunction with the wider multi-professional service, working closely and collaborating effectively with all agencies and partner organisations involved in the care of our patients.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job description Job responsibilities
To ensure that the views of users and carers are sought and incorporated into all care delivered. To provide clinical cover for team members in their absence. To liaise as required with other disciplines and organisations to ensure that all issues affectingservice user care are managed and communicated to a high standard. To provide written assessments reports/discharge letters for all allocated clients. To carry out Duty functions on a Rota basis
To provide information and reports as required and accurately document all relevant information regarding clients and staff, in keeping with the Trust guidelines and the NMC standard for records and record keeping. To have an awareness of the need to manage resources effectively within determined budgets. To assist in the successful induction of new staff and regular supervision of students and junior staff. To have responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and others. To comply at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations. To participate in the development of junior staff, acting as a mentor for student nurses and a preceptor to newly qualified staff, ensuring appropriate teaching, support and supervision. To participate in clinical/team meetings. To enter information onto Rio in a timely manner in line with Trust guidelines and prepare reports as appropriate. To implement and contribute to policy and service development as appropriate. To carry out responsibilities to promote the smooth running of the clinical area. To actively promote and support the ongoing review of Mental Health Practice. To participate in the Trust's complaints procedure and critical incident reporting when required and work within the policies and procedures of the Trust.
Person Specification TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- oRMN, social worker or occupational therapist with current relevant registration
- oPractice Assessor qualification
- oDiploma/BSC in Community Nursing
- oEvidence of post registration training related to the provision of relevant psychosocial interventions
- oDemonstrable experience of working with people who experience serious ongoing mental health problems in a variety of settings
- oExperience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- oExperience of assessing and managing crisis with those with a severe mental illness
- oExperience of providing thorough baseline mental health assessments and case formulation based on these
- oExperience of working in crisis teams/Recovery & Support Teams
- oExperience of working in community nursing
- oExperience of working in a CMHT or other community health setting
- oExperience of contributing to policy and procedure development and implementation
- oExperience of managing and supervising other staff
- oExperience of recruitment and selection of staff
- oExperience of managing and monitoring budgets
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential
- oExcellent written and oral communication skills.
- oSkills in assessment, care planning and case management
- oAbility to assess clinical situations quickly and use initiative.
- oAbility to apply information from research to practice
- oKnowledge of counselling skills, cognitive skills, behavioral skills
- oSkills in CBT, Coaching & family work
- oResearch and audit skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.