Band 5 nurses - the Inpatient adult eating disorders team need you!
A recent staff survey highlighted that the existing teams in the unit value the close working relationships and atmosphere in their teams and on the wards as being key to them. In addition, they also listed the fantastic opportunities to further develop their careers as ongoing motivating factors in their roles.
Are you a passionate and driven band 5 nurse who is looking to make a difference to the population of eating disorder patients, whilst further enhancing your skills? All within a team that encourages development and values supervision to ensure care is delivered in a reflective and evidenced based way. Are you wanting to work in Leicester?
Then here's a job for you!
Main duties of the job
In this role, you will benefit from:
- Access to inhouse training for the care and treatment of patients with eating disorders
- Access to a specialist multi-disciplinary team, with a wealth of eating disorders experience.
- Working in a collaborative way with a cohort of patients with a diagnosed eating disorder and also co-morbid psychiatric disorders.
- Options to develop skills in participating in psychological group work using therapeutic approaches such as CBT and SSCM.
- A small cohort of patients as Langley ward is a 15 bedded unit
- Working for a service that is passionate about patient experience. Recent feedback, as an example,Patients were positive about the staff, felt staff were brilliant, helpful and supportive!
- Weekly CPD sessions
If this sounds like a role you aspire to, then please apply!
We would welcome any interested candidates to arrange an informal visit to see the service.
Please contact Sandra Marshall, Team Manager Adult Eating Disorders Sandra.Marshall10@nhs.net or Melanie Kemp, Ward Sister Langley ward Melanie.Kemp5@nhs.net
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Here at LPT, our values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Trust, which we keep at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects our community. We actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups.
Details of our benefits, leadership behaviours and other important information are contained in the attached document titled Information for Applicants.
We will consider requests to work alternative hours or varied working patterns in line with our flexible working policy.
For all substantive roles, new staff (excluding medical staff) are appointed subject to a 6-month probationary period (see Probation Policy).
All jobs will require permission to work in the UK.
For all jobs the cost of any DBS disclosure required will be met by the individual. This will be deducted from salary once started.
Applicants at risk within the local NHS who meet essential criteria will have preference for interview.
Job description Job responsibilities A full Job and Person specification is attached to this vacancy together with information including a benefits package available to all Trust staff. A summary of the role covers:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of evidenced-based nursing care to a group of clients/service users.
- Assisting and contributing in the management and organisation of a ward / clinical area.
- Actively contribute to setting and maintaining high standards of quality nursing care.
- Actively participate in the education, development and supervision of other staff members.
- Act as a clinical and professional role model, assessing and supporting students and learners on placement within the clinical area.
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively with others to meet the needs of clients/service users and their families.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Evidence of continuing professional development within the last 12 months
- Hold/be working towards an NMC approved mentoring qualification or have a planned start date for this
- Demonstrates a strong interest in providing patient centre nursing care and patient education
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
Langley Ward, The Bennion Centre
Glenfield Hospital, Groby Road
https://www.leicspart.nhs.uk/jobs/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.