An opportunity has arisen for a permanent Band 6 Clinical Specialist Nurse based in the North Islington Rehab and Recovery Team , located in North Islington. The team is an Multi Disciplinary Team, which works with both female and male services users. As a result of the current staff mix within the team we now require a male nurse to help us to continue to provide a service for our mixed population.
Our team comprised of nurses, occupational therapist, social Workers, assistant practitioners, psychologist and psychiatrist's.
The team works to implement a recovery approach as one of the guiding principles of their way of working with service users. We work closely with individuals, their families, the local authority, London borough of Islington to provide support and treatment .
Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will act as care co-ordinator for a defined group of service users, you will be the named worker for an assigned caseload, the team also works closely together and offers a team approach to enable us to offer an excellent service to service users and carers.
You will work with service users in their own home and in clinic and/or hospital settings. We also have a duty rota that supports service users open to the team.
Camden and Islington 3 key priorities which are:
- Early and Effective Intervention,
- Helping People to Live Well
- Research and Innovation
The cultural pillars that help us achieve our key priorities are:
- We value each other
- We are empowered
- We keep things simple
- We are connected
Job description Job responsibilities
The core responsibilities for this job role are but not limited to:-
- You will be responsible for providing individual assessments.
- Identify clinical interventions and direct care to service users with mental health problems.
- You will be required to undertake management tasks, as required.
- Lead on mentoring and supervising others within their service area.
Before you apply for this job tole you are encouraged to view the attached Job description and person specification.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Demonstrable experience in a senior specialist capacity caring for people with mental health or substance misuse issues in a community care or inpatient setting
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and experience in relation to factors that cause mental illness or addictions together with evidence based best practice
- Demonstrable experience of managing and leading others in a clinical/team setting
- Demonstrate practical experience of supervision within a clinical context
- Experience of community clinics
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing service user placement budgets and or clinical budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Able to work autonomously and to deputise for senior staff in a variety of roles when required to do so
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational therapist, Arts therapist or other allied health professional. (RGN is accepted for Substance Misuse services)
- Current registration with relevant professional body
- Current Level 1 Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults certificates
- Mentorship or recognised teaching and assessing certificate or willingness to undertake
- Other advanced relevant training i.e. CBT in psychosis/dynamics of mental health practice/Mentalisation Based Therapy etc
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.