We are inviting applications from Specialty Doctors in Psychiatry who want to be part of a well-established, highly innovative and patient centred multidisciplinary team which is committed to providing outstanding quality of care. The successful candidate will be working with a very welcoming team that takes pride in offering excellent support and flexibility to staff. They will be working for a trust that prioritises service users and their needs and they will be looking after service users from diverse backgrounds. We firmly believe that happiness of our staff is paramount and the successful candidate will be working in an environment where they feel safe, appreciated, and trusted. They will receive excellent support, supervision and opportunities aimed at achieving their career goals and beyond. There are opportunities to rotate to other posts in the Directorate after 24 months, there is an internal academic programme to support CPD and a proactive and supportive Specialty Doctor peer group in the borough.
Main duties of the job
Speciality Doctor in General Adult Psychiatry, Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Mental Health Service (IoD NMHT).
This full-time (10PAs) position comes about following the current post holder retiring. This post offers excellent learning opportunities.
The post-holder will have the option to rotate after 24 months to a different Specialty Doctor post within Tower Hamlets Adult Mental health Directorate for example a Psychiatric Intensive Care ward, or the Home Treatment Team.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information relating to this vacancy please see attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Medical qualification (A)
- Full GMC Registration (A)
- MRCPsych (A)
- Approved or Eligible for Section 12l (A)
- Higher degree
- 1-2 yrs training at CT1-3 grade or higher in psychiatry (A)
- Min 2 yrs clinical experience as a Speciality Doctor or equivalent in Psychiatry (A)
- Previous experience of working in the community mental health setting (A, I)
- Interest in the principles of recovery oriented practice. (A, I)
- Psychiatric assessment and consultation skills (I)
- Ability to work sensitively in partnership with patients (I)
- Ability to work with team to manage crises safely (I)
- Good time management (A I)
- Willingness to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (A I)
- Ability to appropriately seek advice (A I)
- Excellent communication skills (A I)
- Knowledge of psychiatric theory and practice (A I)
- Knowledge of the MHA 1983 (I A)
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of psychopharmacology (A I)
- An understanding of mental health work in an inner city multicultural environment (A I)
- Understanding of Confidentiality (I)
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Interest in audit and quality improvement (A, I)
- Interest in teaching (A,I)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.