We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Clinician to join our Core CAMHS Team. We are a multidisciplinary team who work with young people who have moderate to severe mental health issues. The team provides mental health assessments and psychological therapies for co-morbid mental health issues.
The Core CAMHS Team are committed to a high level of patient care and the ideal candidate will have a strong team and work ethic, sense of accountability, interest in research and service development, accompanied by an ability to work under considerable pressure at times. This post is open to professionals with the right attributes to enhance a team. We are a supportive team who value each other's skills and knowledge and have a shared goal of providing the best care and support to the families we serve.
In return we will provide the necessary support to ensure your development within your role. We are keen to support and develop our staff through additional relevant training, a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the Trust.
We would be happy to accept applications if you have a recorded/registered qualification in one of the following at graduate level, Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Arts Therapy, Teaching or within a Psychological Therapy.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will work collaboratively with all disciplines as part of the multidisciplinary team. The post holder will also provide high quality continuing assessments, which will entail the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for service users and provision of support to their carers. This is likely to take place in a variety of settings. The post holder will manage a caseload under the supervision of a Band 6 Mental health nurse/practitioner or above.
- To ensure accurate record keeping using CPFT data systems.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
The post holder will have a range of specific clinical responsibilities:
- Assessment and care planning to meet all health and well-being needs.
- Protection of health and well-being needs.
- Enablement to address health and well-being needs.
- Provision of care to meet health and well-being needs.
- Assessment, treatment, intervention, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- This will include:
- Communication of information relating to comprehensive nursing assessment and
- assessment outcomes, to the multidisciplinary team, referring to other disciplines/agencies as necessary.
- Respecting the individuals dignity, wishes and beliefs and involving them in the assessment process and decisions on appropriate care and treatment.
- Identifies and communicates risks to the individual where possible, and how they might be managed.
- Facilitation of identified programmes of therapeutic interventions
- Develops implements and evaluates care plans in accordance with individual needs and wishes.
- Ensure care, treatment and assessment is undertaken in accordance with legislation,
- policy and procedure, recording any unmet need or resource issues.
- Ensure care, treatment and interventions are evidence based.
- Provide specialist mental health assessment and treatment.
- Apply when appropriate aspects of the mental health act in line with the code of practice and trust policy and procedure.
- Work in partnership with Anglia Ruskin University providing mentorship to mental health students nurses, ensuring the environment meets high standard for nurse training.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse
- NMC registration
- Evidence of continued training and professional development
- Evidence of continual training
- Trained in assessments of neurodevelopmental disorders
- Completion of nurse training programme
- Willing to undertake Preceptorship programme in due course
- Evidence of continuing professional practice within a mental health setting.
- Experience of managing workload and ability to prioritise
- Evidence of clinical supervision experience
- Experience of working with individuals, families and multi - disciplinary teams
- Lived experience of mental health
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Planning and organisational skills for caseload management
- Skills in self-management, including time management
- Skills with working with others within a multidisciplinary team and under supervision
- Able to communicate well with a variety of people
- Able to contain and work with high levels of distress from clients
- Interpersonally calm and able to defuse difficult, volatile situations
- Ability to work within a team fostering good working relationships
- Experience with working with adult service users, their families and their carers
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multimedia materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings
Knowledge & Understanding Essential
- Knowledge of contemporary policy and legislation relating to mental health and social care
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the issues facing service users including social, financial and health issues
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Physical Requirement Essential
- Physically able to undertake a demanding role safely, as and when required
- Ability to undertake travel independently to different locations in an efficient and timely manner
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.