Barnet CAMHS is improving its Nurse led ADHD service and we are looking for two nurses to join a warm and welcoming team providing support, guidance and medication to Children and Young People living in the London Borough of Barnet. We will provide ongoing specialist training to the successful candidates and clear career progression within the ADHD pathway and in Specialist CAMHS.
Main duties of the job As part of this expansion we are looking for two nurses to join our clinics in Edgware and East Finchley to provide ADHD community CAMHS clinics for young people and their families/ carers. If you are a Registered Mental Health Nurse, with a drive and motivation to support young people living with ADHD, then this position will provide opportunities to join a warm and welcoming team and to have on the job specialist training in assessment.
These posts are substantive and you will work alongside the NMP clinic and MDT team working with CYP aged 5-18 years. The role includes both lone and team working, meaning you will need to be adaptable, organised, forward thinking and a good team player.
Your clinical work will involve:
- Leading treatment reviews including assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating intervention
- Completing ADHD assessments and contributing to diagnostic decision
- Holding your own caseload, including more complex cases
- Liaison with other agencies (school; social care)
- Supervision of junior staff/ students
- covering the duty inbox and responding to queries from families and other agencies
- completing risk assessments and care plans for young people in our care
You will work on all aspects of the ADHD pathway including screening, assessment, group work, medication reviews, lifestyle reviews (school & home), care planning and risk assessment and management.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will work on all aspects of the ADHD pathway including screening, assessment, group work, medication reviews, lifestyle reviews (school & home), care planning and risk assessment and management
This role will provide opportunities to provide clinical supervision to other registered nurses, registered nurse associates, and support workers, and will have an active role in supporting students and learners.
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner who will carry continuing responsibility for a defined caseload of young people.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Significant experience in CAMHS Speciality
- Demonstrated experience of having worked with children and Adolescents with moderate to severe mental health problems including ADHD.
- Experience of independent nurse prescribing with children and young people.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of young people and adolescents across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in patient settings
- Evidence of teaching and developing junior staff both formally and informally
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision in practice; ability to teach and train others using multi-media materials suitable for presentation within public, professional and academic settings.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.