Kingston Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment Team (KCR&HTT) is a multidisciplinary, community based mental health team that aims to provide a safe and effective home based assessment and treatment service as an alternative to in-patient admission, and for early discharge from the ward in the least disruptive and restrictive environment. It works in conjunction with, and is integrated with, other local service elements. The workload is team-based and team members do not carry a specific caseload.
The Multidisciplinary team is made up of Nurses (RMN), Recovery Support Workers (RSW), Occupational Therapist (OT), Team Administrator, Peer Support Worker (PSW), Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP), Line Manager, Consultant Psychiatrist, Trainee Doctors and Nursing Students.
The Team is available to provide care and intervention from 08:30 to 22:30, 365 days of the year for people who are experiencing a mental health crisis of a nature or degree that would require admission in the absence of the CR&HTT.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be based at Tolworth Hospital and work across the borough of Kingston. There is an expectation that the post holder is able to work shifts.
Early Shift: 08:30 to 16:30
Late Shift: 14:30 to 22:30 Key areas of responsibilities:-
Agile and flexible working:
- engaging clients in crisis
- participating in assessment and treatment
- providing a range of bio/psycho/social interventions for service users and carers
- planning for robust and sustainable discharge/transfer and aftercare
- involving clients in planning and evaluating care given
- working as part of the team to achieve the best possible care for clients
- support clients in developing a Collaborative Crisis Plan
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible and agile working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work Monday to Sunday in the time frames from 08:30 to 22:30 giving you the very best of good work life balance. Career progression pathways and development opportunities
We are committed to get the very best out of our staff and support staff in their career aspirations. We have career pathways available, where you will be able to develop your skills and build on your experience to progress into other roles across different specialties.
About us About the location:
KCR&HTT is based at Tolworth Hospital, Red Lion Road, Tolworth, KT6 7QU.
Our community hub in is based at Tolworth Hospital in borough of Kingston close to a number of shops and with good transport links close to the A3 and a bus ride away from Surbiton station, which has fast connections to Clapham Junction and London Waterloo. Benefits
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job description Job responsibilities
The Deputy Nursing Team Leader/Clinical Charge Nurse/CommunityPsychiatric Nurse/Practice Development Nurse role is suitable forRegistered Nurses who have successfully completed preceptorship and have registered as an approved NMC mentor.
The post holder will deliver, or advise on the delivery of, high quality safenursing care, ensuring consistently high standards of practice and clinicalexcellence which comply with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code of professional conduct.
As a Deputy Nursing Team Leader/Clinical Charge Nurse/CommunityPsychiatric Nurse/Practice Development Nurse you will promote anddevelop clinical leadership and clinical practice and be a positive role model to junior members of the team through the practice of evidence-based care. You will be expected to support professional development through clinical appraisal and supervision and contribute to the ongoing educational programme for staff, fostering a positive learning environment. Your professional and personal development will include further postgraduate study and you will be encouraged and supported by your line manager to undertake Masters programmes.
As a senior nurse working within the South London Mental Health andCommunity Partnership you are required to encourage and foster collaborative and cross organisational working.
Person Specification Education and Qualification Essential
- RMN (current NMC registration)
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Full and current drivers licence and car owner (or willing to take part in car lease scheme run by the Trust)
- Mentorship ,ENB 998 or equivalent
- Diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy/psychodynamic counselling
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Demonstrable experience of working with people who experience serious ongoing mental health problems in a community or outpatient setting post qualification
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of assessing and managing crisis with those with a severe mental illness
- Experience of working as a clinical supervisor
- Experience of managing and supervising staff
- Experience of contributing to policy and procedure development and implementation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.