The Worthing Assessment and Treatment Service works with adults living with mental illness, supporting their recovery and the development of skills and strategies to support them to maintain their wellbeing. We have a great opportunity for a motivated Occupational Therapist, who is seeking to develop their practice within the community setting. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of working with people with severe and enduring mental health problems and be able to demonstrate clinically effective care management skills and interventions in accordance with the Care Programme Approach.We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our friendly and supportiveteam. Our vacancy is for a Band 6 practitioner however we will offer Band 5 to 6development posts to the right candidates. This is an excellent time for Occupational Therapists to be joining Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as we have launched our AHP Strategy. Look at our AHP strategy and view our film at https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/AHP
Find out more about our vision for Occupational Therapists in West Sussex in our new Strategy please see attached.Please note, we are also looking for Temporary Bank Staff. If you are interested,please apply in this vacancy.
Main duties of the job
The Worthing Assessment and Treatment Service is a lively community mental health team supporting people living with severe and enduring mental health problems. You will hold a caseload of people who are cared for within a recovery focused model of care designed to enable and encourage service users to develop positive coping strategies to maximise their independence and potential. You will work in partnership with a diverse team of clinicians and support staff including psychologists, mentalhealth nurses, social workers, psychiatrists, support workers and our third sector partners.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care and treatment; the people that we employ are at the heart of making this vision a reality. If you've got the passion, the belief, the drive and the talent to help us achieve our vision then we would like to hear from you.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Over the next five years, community mental health services are going to be undergoing a real transformation and you could be part of these exciting developments. Our community mental health teams will become part of a much more integrated network of services and our mental health clinicians will be central in driving the changes, in close partnership with our primary and third sectorcolleagues.
We recognise that working in mental health can be stressful so we prioritise staff welfare, providing regular supervision, reflective practice, mentoring, and any other support that our clinicians need to ensure their wellbeing.
This post will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to develop their career. The team is a lively and friendly team where you will be offered mentorship and supervision from senior colleagues, active management support and the chance to undertake training courses relevant to your professional practice. We encourage flexible working
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Job description Job responsibilities
The role is all about improving outcomes for this patient group, working creatively with patients and their carers to co-create care and risk plans that will help them achieve their goals and to live as independently as possible. This key to success is often about building effective partnerships with GPs, Crisis services, housing and other third sector providers or we might decide to refer patients onto one of our more specialist services, such as our Early intervention in Psychosis or Eating disorders.Working in our team includes:
- Working autonomously as a Lead Practitioner to a defined caseload of clients. This will include offering specific interventions to people diagnosed with mood/anxiety disorders, psychosis or complex emotional difficulties.
- You will complete initial assessments and work closely with our referrals coordinators.
- Providing specialist OT assessments with protected time to complete this vitalwork
- Opportunities to co -facilitate groups in Recovery College.
What you will receive from us:
- Regular Line Management and Professional supervision
- Access to a wide range of Training including a programme of AHP specific training and CPD opportunities including;
- The opportunity to participate in a range QI work and service innovations
- Varied leadership development opportunities.
- We expect you to have booked on to a minimum of one Internal AHP Course in a Training Year
- We offer Occupational Therapy West Sussex Community CPD Hubs
- Opportunities to join our AHP Communities of Practice (AMPS, Recovery Through Activity and Sensory Strategies)
Effective communication and leadership skills, a sound clinical knowledge base, and a commitment to caring for patients in the community must be demonstrated. You must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in occupational therapy
- Evidence of post graduate level study/training
- Registration with the HPC as an occupational therapist
- Training in the use of standardised occupational therapy assessment tools
- Experience as a qualified occupational therapist in mental health
- Broad experience of working with clients with a range of mental health problems
- Experience of both group and individual work
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Experience as a Care Coordinator
- Experience in a clinical area related to the post
- Leadership experience
- Experience in applying a range of assessment tools and a comprehensive knowledge of occupational therapy clinical approaches used in mental health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.