Do you have a desire to support the development of a new and innovative Mental Health Decision Unit?
Are you passionate about providing a service to meet the needs of people?
Are you committed to delivering quality drivenservices?
Do you value working positively, respectfully and collaboratively?
If so, we'd love you to join us!
We are very excited about our newly opened Mental Health Decision Unit at Worthing General Hospital which is a nurse led crisis assessment unit. The MHDU is a 24/7 unit and provides an extended and timely assessment for service users who are in crisis.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
I am looking to recruit skilled and highly motivated practitioners to join usand develop excellent working relationships with A&E colleagues who refer people to us.
You will be an excellent communicator, demonstrating empathy and facilitating an inclusive and collaborative environment and assessment to those service users with a particular focus on:
- Triage referrals
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues
- Thorough, holistic bio-psycho-social assessments of persons using the service.
- Working with service users with sometimes complex presentations and varying levels of risk.
- Supporting persons on an on-going basis who have been identified as requiring admission and conducting daily nursing reviews to establish whether there is any change in presentation.
- Confidence in creating discharge plans for those persons presenting and taking a lead in the discharge process.
- Recognition of deterioration in mental state/increased levels of risk where a person may require a Mental Health Act Assessment.
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
We encourage flexible working
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Job description Job responsibilities
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
This is an exciting and dynamic role that offers the opportunity for development and implementation of high-quality services. Previous experience of working in acute services or home treatment teams is desirable, although not essential. We offer excellent staff support through clinical supervision and teamwork.
As our Coastal Urgent Care Pathway moves towards CORE 24 standards, the post holder would need to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service which could include working unsociable hours within a 24/7 service. This role supports the work of and across Urgent Care Teams (CRHTT, The Haven, Mental Health Liaison team at Worthing General Hospital) and as such the post holder may be expected to work across these teams as required.
Working unsocial hours does bring a salary increase, in line with Agenda for Change guidelines.
If you are looking for a role where you can use the experience you have gathered to make a real and tangible difference to a new and developing service, then this is the job for you!
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Nurse
- Mentorship, ENB 998 or level 3 module in teaching and assessing in clinical practice
- Significant post registration experience in a band 5 position
- Experience of working within an appropriate care setting or an ability to demonstrate that skills and knowledge are transferable across specialities
- Knowledge of the MHA (1983/2007)
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and DOL's
- A working knowledge of a range of therapeutic assessment tools and their application to the Liaison service caseload
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.