Welcome Bonus of 5% of starting salary, Relocation Packages of upto £8000 and a retention premia available (subject to t&c's)
Secure Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
Guild Lodge consists of 3 main service lines (15 wards), which include:
- Men's service
- Women's service
- Acquired Brain Injury Service (3 wards)
Guild Lodge cares for adults within Medium
and Low Security
, and Step Down environments.
Each of the services has their own model of care and provides bespoke training in addition to the comprehensive LCFT Induction and local induction.
- Applications are invited from qualified Nurses and soon to be qualified alike, with the qualities and aspirations to provide care in this challenging and fulfilling area.
- Experience with Acquired Brain Injury is not essential, as our extensive service induction and training in ABI care will be provided.
- This post will be suited to nurses looking for and with experience of understanding, managing challenging and emotionally demanding clinical presentations. The individual will be able to guide, support, supervise and role-model within a team on how to respond to these challenges and offer excellent quality care
Main duties of the job
We are particularly keen to receive applications from Nurses with an interest in working with:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Organic Personality Disorder
- Neuro-cognitive care
- Challenging Behaviours
- Positive Behaviour Support
All applicants must have an interest and skills in psychological approaches to working with clients and have a commitment to working collaboratively with clients who may present challenges for engagement.
Placement on the incremental pay band will be in line with relevant experience to date and unsociable payments will be in addition to stated salary.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Successful applicants will be able to experience a broad range of clinical specialities and will have access to a comprehensive package of professional coaching, education and clinical support.
As we are an integrated mental health service, whilst successful candidates will work predominately within the ABI service; there is an expectation to work across the Guild Lodge Hospital site where specific service need is required or professional development is indicated.
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role Benefits include:
Our valued staff receive:
- Free parking 24/7
- Long day shift pattern meaning more rest days
- Support for further professional training with partner universities
- Excellent holiday entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after five years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 years. Also, a chance to purchase additional Annual Leave
- Extra payments for Bank Holiday, evenings, nights and weekend working
- An extensive Preceptorship scheme and support for those new to the services
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- An excellent salary sacrifice car and electronics scheme
- Onsite restaurant facilities
- Access to newly built housing areas
NHS Terms and Conditions:
- NHS Pension
- Excellent support and Wellbeing services
- Superb external training and development opportunities
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills across differing care environment
- Talent Management Programme
- 1:1 support from Clinical Educators
- Occupational Health Service including access to counselling and physiotherapy services
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses
Person Specification Education Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Qualification.(RNMH & RNLD or RGN)
- On-going registration with the NMC.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development that supports clinical practice.
- Can demonstrate an understanding and knowledge base of mental health conditions and their treatments.
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of physical health conditions and the complications that this can cause to patients experiencing mental ill health.
- Post Graduate experience.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
- Experience of assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing care needs.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.