An opportunity has arisen to work within the Lower Lea Valley Community Team as an Occupational Therapist
We are looking to recruit an experienced Occupational Therapist to provide specialist Occupational therapy to patients within Cheshunt and the surrounding areas. This post attracts a 'Golden Hello' payment of £2000 (taxable): £1,000 will become payable after 6 months in post and another £1,000 will become payable after 12 months in post (pro rata if applicable). Please note that the Golden Hello is not available to internal applicants.Main duties of the job
The role includes triaging new referrals and the caseload includes; prevention of admission, supported discharge and core community therapy.
Our integrated community team comprises of therapists, nurses, healthcare and technical instructors and team administrators
Successful applicants will be part of an enthusiastic, patient focused team caring for patients in the community while working collaboratively with GPs, acute hospitals, Social care, Hospices and other third sector organisations. We have a wellestablished structure for clinical supervision and in service training; this will provide you with fantastic opportunities to enhance your existing knowledge and skills. We will also support your clinical work and professional development.
A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).About us
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustYou'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staffWe put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust visionWe welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply nowYou've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details
In return, we can offer you:
- In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,066 and a maximum payment of £1,845 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- Golden Hello of £2000 (pro rata if applicable)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is voted as one of the 'Top 100 Best Places to Work' (Health Service Journal). Our CQC rating is of 'Good'
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Occupational Therapy Degree
- Registration with Health Professions Council
- Post-graduate courses
- Post registration experience
- Strong experience on a broad rotational scheme.
- Working as an autonomous practitioner.
- Experience of teaching others
- Experience of participating in investigation/management of complaints.
- Evidence of participating in clinical audits in the workplace.
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.