Are you an enthusiastic experienced Clinical lead in Occupational Therapist with a passion for providing and developing high quality coordinated health, care and community services for local people? Exciting opportunities are now available to work in a purpose built rehabilitation and nursing unit - Albion Mill in Blackburn.
Intermediate Care at Albion Mill is a true Health and Social Care Partnership between the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council (BwD), Local Primary Care (LPC) GP Federation and Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCFT). It is based within a brand new 'state of the art' facility which also offers Extra Care Accommodation and a vibrant Community Hub with a full range of services from a community caf, wellbeing services, hair salon and much more, right in the heart of Ewood, Blackburn.
Your role will work alongside health, social care and voluntary sector partners to provide a dynamic integrated model of care for local people and patients.
Your role will be to ensure local people who are in need of a short period of intense rehabilitation receive effective care in a safe co-ordinated way.
Using your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will develop excellent working relationships with a range of health, care and community partners and expertly attend regular multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure local people and patients achieve positive outcomes.
Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the assessment, treatment, planning, delivery and evaluation of evidence -based highly specialised occupational therapy intervention within the speciality area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- -Degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- -Current professional registration with HPC as Occupational Therapist and responsibility for maintaining this registration
- -Masters module/post grad qualification in relevant field of clinical expertise (or working towards) / post-grad qualification/equivalent knowledge & experience to masters level
- -Evidence of CPD in related field of clinical expertise.
- -Current accredited field work educator.
- -Understanding of clinical governance framework and implications for practice including audit and research governance.
- -In-depth understanding of current NHS/government policy/Public Health/NICE guidelines on organisational change and the ability to adapt these appropriately to local service needs through publication of documents.
- -Knowledge and appreciation of lone working risks - policy and procedure.
- -Treatment of a broad range of conditions relating to clinical speciality
- -Demonstrable evidence of improving and developing service and practice
- -Evidence of leading and implementing clinical change
- -Supervision and/or mentoring of staff/students.
Skills and Abilities Essential
- -Ability to communicate highly complex pathologies and diagnostic reasoning to all levels in the medical and non-medical field at the appropriate level.
- -Sound knowledge of psycho-social problems and ability to gain patient confidence and co-operation.
- -Show initiative, enthusiasm and motivation for excellence and the development of self and others.
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- -Awareness, understanding and competency to operate machinery and equipment according to local operating procedures and Medical Device regulations.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.