Band 8a Eating Disorders Lead- CBT Therapist/Clinical/Counselling Psychologist
Permanent Full-Time Split Post (37.5 hours/ 5 days a week) We are excited to advertise this new full-time post-split across the Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies Eating Disorders Project (EDP) and the newly established ELFT Community Eating Disorders service. We are looking for an 8a Eating Disorders Lead with experience of working with people with mild to moderate eating disorders. Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies is a highly respected IAPT service with excellent development opportunities. The post holder will be part of a very dynamic team and will work alongside therapists trained in a range of therapies including systemic and couple therapies, EMDR, CBT, Mindfulness, DIT, psychodynamic and integrative therapies anda well- established PWP team. Due to the diverse population in Tower Hamlets, there is a unique opportunity to work with clients from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds and get involved in our active community outreach work. This is a permanent full-time post, with the expectation that all clinical staff work one late evening per week (11am7pm).
Main duties of the job THTT EDP- 3 days/22.5 hours
The EDP was set up 7 years ago and was unique and pioneering in its time as the first such service to deliver psychological interventions for mild to moderate eating disorders in an IAPT service. Over the years, the EDP hasdeveloped a reputation for innovation; high quality and delivering effective ED treatment amongst service users and local stakeholders. The successful candidate will oversee the delivery of our Eating Disorders Project (EDP). Community ED Team- 2 days/15 hours
The ELFT Community Eating Disorders service was recently set up to support residents whose eating disorder is likely to have a moderate impact on their physical health. You would be joining a fellow 8a lead who oversees the FREED pathway (First episode Rapid Early intervention for Eating Disorders, see https://freedfromed.co.uk/), an advanced dietitian, a CBT therapist, as well as a number of Clinical Associates in Psychology. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Band 7 CBT therapist or Psychologist who is looking to progress into a management and leadership role. If required, the successful candidate will be mentored and offered training to support their transition into this role. The post holder will be joining a supportive team of five other 8a Leads and will have plenty of peer support opportunities.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and person specification please see attached JD & PS.
For more information about the THTT EDP please contact Alia Hussain - details below, and for queries about the Community ED team please contact: Brian Sreenan (Brian.Sreenan@nhs.net)
Closing Date: 5th February 2023
Interview Date: 22ndFebruary 2023
How to apply: Please complete the NHS Jobs application form. If you are shortlisted for an interview you will be notified via email.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- CBT Therapist (Post Graduate Diploma level or above) with full BABCP accreditation. OR HCPC registered Counselling, Clinical or Health Psychologist
- Accredited practitioner and supervisor in at least one of the following therapeutic modalities: Psychodynamic, Integrative, Systemic therapy
- CBT-E/ CBT-T or other relevant ED training
- Experience of either managing or coordinating wait lists.
- Experience of managing and supervising professionals from different backgrounds.
- Work as an experienced psychologist / psychotherapist with advanced skills in at least one psychological therapy modality.
- Excellence and experience in the continuous improvement of high and/or low intensity interventions and coordinating the services of a range of practitioners and providers, with experience of delivering this within primary care and or an IAPT compliant service.
- Excellence and experience in IT and diary management that support own and the service's clinical resources.
- Experience of working across various mental health services, including severe and complex mental health services
- Experience of working in an IAPT setting, or delivering treatment to primary care clients, liaising and consulting with GPs and community providers.
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Able to arrive at appropriate formulations.
- Able to compare and select from a range of treatment options, based on formulation.
- Able to demonstrate expertise in one or more therapeutic orientations, or with one or more areas of clinical presentation
- To be able to deliver specialist therapy using one or more relevant models, from amongst the following, in order of preference: 1. CBT-E, CBT-T, CFT-ED 2. MANTRA, SSCM or FPT 3. Other models used on complex eating disorders, eg DBT, CAT, Schema, IPT
- Experience of supervising other's clinical work.
- Basic keyboard skills.
- Competent in use of IT packages - word processing, e-mail and internet
- Published research.
- Experience of developing and delivering specialist training programmes.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.