We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, passionate and motivated Cognitive Behavioural Therapists to work within the Black Country area of Sandwell, We are currently whilst through an exciting period of transformation and anticipate that in the future the Trust will have more substantive posts as a result of this process.
You will be working alongside the Wellbeing Team which comprised of other psychological therapists in the team and will provide recovery focussed, NICE compliant psychological interventions to working age adults. You will be able to develop your skills with different client groups and in different modalities. The post holder will need to have the ability to build effective therapeutic relationships with clients and also have good working relationships with team members.
This will be a great opportunity for newly qualified practitioners to develop clinical skills whilst being supported by existing highly skilled psychological therapists.
Main duties of the job
Working within a multidisciplinary team, you will be providing CBT/Psychological interventions to adults with complex needs, including depression, anxiety based difficulties and complex developmental trauma in a Secondary Care setting. Through your clinical work you will be providing psychological assessments, formulations, treatment plans and interventions. We already have a comprehensive CBT training programme for all of the community staff. The post would suit someone who enjoys being part of a team, has a good sense of humour and is hard working.
The Black Country Healthcare Foundation Trust aims to improve mental health and wellbeing through the delivery of psychosocial therapeutic approaches, including recovery based and social interventions. The Trust provides a range of NICE compliant interventions, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy. The Black Country Healthcare Foundation Trust works hard to deliver key values of being Caring, Enabling, Working Together and demonstrating Integrity. It is an organisation which is committed to both service and skills development. You will have the opportunity to forge strong links with the highly acclaimed Recovery College and the co-production of courses. You will be joining a very supportive team that has a strong emphasis of connection between team members.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be part of a multi-disciplinary Service in Sandwell providing CBT/Psychological interventions to clients who have a range of complex problems. The Interventions may be through 1:1 sessions or in a group environment both face to face and video/telephone sessions.
Person Specification Qualifications and experience Essential
- Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent CBT qualification
- Eligible for accreditation as a CBP with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) ) or applying for accreditation with the BABCP
- Experience of working in a mental health service with adults with moderate to severe and mental health problems.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
- Evidence of continued development or training
- Knowledge of NHS issues and current policies and practices in mental health
- Utilise theory, evidence-based literature and research to support evidence based practice in individual work
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Problem solving skills
- IT skills
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player and foster good working relationships
- Proven ability to work with other agencies and professionals
- Flexibility of working hours
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Be compassionate, empathetic and caring to everyone
- Enable yourself and others to act with confidence and authority in order to achieve the best outcome for everyone
- Work with others. Be inclusive by understanding and valuing others to achieve the best results for everyone and everything we do
- Act with transparency and honesty; respect and value others to do the right thing at the right time for everyone.
- Experience of working in Mental Health Services as a CBT therapist
- Additional training in CBT associated psychotherapies, e.g. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medication used in a wide range of mental health disorders
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.