Are you a Registered Nurse with an appetite to be involved in the development of a new service which will promote mental health and emotional health well-being?
The new CAMHS 2 + team will work closely with the Mental Health Support Teams and CAMHS, whilst also forging important working relationships with key voluntary and statutory services.
You and your colleagues will be responsible for offering clinical assessments and short term, evidence-based interventions.
If you like to work as part of a team and are interested in partnership working which actively involves people's participation, this could be the perfect job for you!
Main duties of the job
Working autonomously and collaboratively with team members and colleagues from the Mental Health Support Teams across Somerset, you will offer joint assessments with Specialist CAMHS professionals when required. Clinical activities will be delivered either face to face (COVID PPE may be required), by telephone or video platforms.
As a CAMHS 2+ Senior Mental Health Practitioner you'll have particular responsibility for providing clinical assessment and interventions to young people and their support networks who do not meet the service thresholds and criteria for Tier 2 or Tier 3 Specialist CAMHS.
You'll facilitate referral to specialist CAMHS where appropriate but support and work with colleagues in tier 2 services to manage children and young people's needs without specialist referral whenever possible.
You'll become a valued member of the 'front door' services to CAMHS which includes the Single Point of Access Team and Mental Health Support Teams and have responsibility for assessment, treatment and evaluation of care provided to some clients referred to the team. They will provide education, advice, and practical support to young people and their families as well as brief therapeutic interventions.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities Is this the ideal role for you?
- These exciting new roles will be pivotal to ensuring that young people and their carers receive a comprehensive mental health service and that they receive a holistic assessment.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are a team player as well as able to work autonomously.
- You will be expected to contribute actively to the development of this new service and be able to work effectively with the wider systems that young people are in contact with and also other clinically focused services such as MHSTs, Young Somerset and the CAMHS (in its wider sense).
- These posts are full time but consideration will given to candidates who would prefer part time = 30 hours.
Person Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following - nursing, social work, occupational therapy, or a psychological therapy.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and maintenance of relevant professional qualification
- Experience of working in CAMHS/ Child health
Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Post qualification experience in a mental health setting, working with young people with mental illness.
- Experience of working with children and young people who have serious mental illness and their families and carers in the community.
Skills and Abilities Essential
- To be able to function as part of multi-disciplinary team and liaise with external agencies i.e. primary care, education, social and health care.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Maintain patient records both written and electronic.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.