An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Community Senior Practitioner to join our Adult Mental Health Access Service within County Durham.
The role involves screening referrals and completing priority assessments and is an integral part of services offered to our patients in County Durham to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner. You will be well supported by the daily huddles, colleagues and leadership team to promote excellent clinical decision making. You will be based at Auckland Park Hospital in Bishop Auckland.
The access role is an integral part of services offered to our patients in County Durham to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner. You will be well supported by the daily huddles, colleagues and leadership team. to promote excellent clinical decision making and delivery of therapeutic interventions.
Main duties of the job
You will demonstrate:-
- excellent assessment skills
- interpersonal and team working skills
- be able to work collaboratively with a range of statutory and third sector agencies.
We aim to enable the right support to be provided at the right time
Deliver improved access across a range of health and social care services.
Integrating services around the needs of the person minimising duplication and enabling services to work together across the health and social care spectrum.
The successful applicant will work with a range of agencies locally to facilitate safe care and treatment. Experience of multi-agency working would be helpful. A keen ability to network well and interact with professionals, carers and patients across multi-agency settings is essential.
Our service has a commitment to staff development and offers regular, well-structured management and clinical supervision. There is a robust system of appraisal and personal development.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body.
- For registered nurses: MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Recognised sign-off mentor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Substantial experience in working in mental health post qualifying
- Proven experience in assessment of mental health problems
- Supervision of other staff
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Ability to motivate and drive other team members
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.