We are looking for an experienced Care Coordinator/Community Psychiatric Nurse to join the Trusts Staff Bank to provide shift cover within the North Community Mental Health Team at Somerset House.
This requirement is available immediately and is a temporary Bank requirement. You will be expected to work without direct supervision and be able to organize and prioritize your workload. Whilst reporting to the Team Leader, you will be capable of making autonomous clinical decisions affecting mental health care of clients, based on your own and others assessments and observations and requiring analysis of a complex range of information and options.
Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the delivery of community mental health care to a caseload of clients in accordance with the objectives of the Care Trust and within team operational policies.
- Ensure implementation of all Trust Policies and Procedures as required
- To receive and accept referrals for the service and initiate, lead and co-ordinate their assessment, making referrals to other professionals as required
- To work as a Care Co-ordinator responsible for assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of care for a designated client group. Undertake accurate, timely and skilled assessments and ongoing reassessment of client's condition, taking into consideration all social, physical and environmental factors. Comprehensively and accurately record and evaluate the implications of the information gained in order to plan the appropriate care for the client. Carry out accurate and in depth assessment of risk in collaboration with other members of the multi disciplinary team. Make a competent and reliable evaluation of the levels of risk presented by and to the clients. Make safe and constructive decisions based on assessed risks. Record and communicate risk information to others so as to promote the safety of the client and others. Detect early signs of deteriorating mental health including potential self-harm and suicide risk, worsening physical conditions and potential threats to others.
This role is offered vis our Staff Bank and as such you will have access to the following benefits:
- A comprehensive paid induction and training programme for your continuous development needs
- Annual leave accrual based on the hours you work
- Flexible working patterns
- Access to a range of NHS Wellbeing@Work benefits and discounts as well as other staff discounts(See our website and click on 'working with us' for a full list of staff benefits)
- Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme
- A great team environment and place to work
Job description Job responsibilities
For a full breakdown of this requirement and to view all essential and desirable criteria, please view the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification in mental health nursing, social work, occupational therapy
- Registration with NMC or Health & Care Professions Council
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.