*Previous applicants need not to apply* **ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE (ts&cs apply)** *A generous relocation package* *£10K Retention Pay Premia*
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an OUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home
Main duties of the job
The post holder will cover community, memory clinic & crisis function. This post has no inpatient commitment.
The post holder, along with another colleague will cover half of the Southwest quadrant covering the catchment areas of Radlett, Borehamwood, Potters Bar, Bushey, few in South South Oxhey and Northwood.
The MHSOP in the Southwest received approximately 712 referrals per year (May 2021-2022). The quadrant therefore receives approximately 60 referrals per month. More than half of these referrals are for the memory clinic.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
About us Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Dedicated SPA time in Job Plan
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Job description Job responsibilities
Duties include but not exclusive to:
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operates within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Section 12(2) approval, and to abide by professional codes of conduct.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists OR a specialist qualification from an EU country that complies with EU directive 2005/36/EU.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register in Old Age Psychiatry OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
- Experience in working with crisis and/or inpatient assessment service.
Clinical Skills, Knowledge and Experience Essential
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent knowledge in old age psychiatry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Academic Skills Essential
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Car driver, and ability to travel county wide (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010 which prevents you from driving) OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.