We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed individual to join a well-established and supportive multi-disciplinary team.
The Lancashire Early Intervention Service (EIS) specialises in working with individuals aged 14 to 65 at risk of, or currently experiencing, first episode psychosis.
The post of CBT Therapist will work as part of the EIS Central Lancashire Team who are currently based at Euxton Lane, Chorley, Lancashire.
The posts is being offered on permanent basis, part time 37.5hrs per week. Minimum professional qualifications: Qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to Post-Graduate Diploma level Doctorate in Clinical Psychology OR Be working towards one of the above Salary Scale: Band 7
Main duties of the job
Our team provides a range of specialist interventions including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Family Interventions within a hub and spoke model. There are four multi-disciplinary early intervention service teams covering the Lancashire and South Cumbria footprint.
We place a strong emphasis on professional and clinical supervision in order to support and develop individuals as part of our commitment to maintain our focus on delivering the highest quality clinical service.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualification in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to post graduate diploma level. OR Doctorate in Clinical Psychology OR Working towards the above
- High-level knowledge of the theory and practice of cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in providing advice to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Experience of CBT assessment and treatment of clients in Adult Mental Health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of clients that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.