We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Occupational Therapist to join us in Swansea Bay University Health Board. We currently have a full-time vacancy, for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work within Ty-Enion Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).
The Occupational Therapists role within the Community Mental Health Team, is to work with service users who have serious and enduring mental health conditions. Conditions which can often have a significant impact on the service user's ability to function effectively and carryout everyday meaningful activities.
In line with the Mental Health (all Wales) Measure, the successful Occupational Therapist will care co-ordinate and work collaboratively with service users to develop a client centred and recovery and occupationally focused Care and Treatment plan.
Main duties of the job
To manage a defined caseload within specialist area, using evidence based /client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the outcomes of intervention in the community maintaining associated records. To organise this efficiently and effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
To ensure clinical records are kept to agreed standards and report accurately to others.
To work in partnership with clients, carers and the multidisciplinary team to identify relevant goals.
To provide leadership and supervision for junior staff, as delegated by supervisor /Team Leader.
To regularly supervise Occupational Therapy students on practice placements.
To participate in CPD and develop skills and knowledge through participation in the Band 6 Development Programme and other developmental activities.
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex; religion or belief; race; age; sexual orientation; gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.
Job description Job responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent OT qualification)
- Professional Registration with HCPC
- Accredited fieldwork supervisor for the education of OT students
Experience & Knowledge Essential
- Experience of autonomous caseload management, comprising assessment, planning intervention and evaluation within relevant clinical area
- Understanding of the Occupational Therapy process with particular emphasis on emphasis on serious mental illness and early intervention in psychosis
- Knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance
- Broad knowledge of current best practice in Occupational Therapy with designated client group
- Experience of research and/ or audit and implementing evidence based practice
- Previous experience of supervising staff
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to work single-handedly with individuals or groups
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
Personal Attributes Essential
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the service and prioritise workload appropriately.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.