Are you a passionate and enthusiastic High Intensity CBT Therapist looking for a position within an innovative NHS IAPT service? Mind Matters Surrey NHS are looking for professional High Intensity CBT Therapists who have the Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Interventions and newly qualified High Intensity Therapists.
We are offering a flexible role with a blend of in person working in our Chertsey Hub and home working, delivering evidence-based interventions, one to one and in group settings, to adults (aged 17yrs+) presenting with Depression and Anxiety related problems.
You will be joining an established, supportive NHS team which is part of the Surrey and Borders NHS Partnership. We offer all NHS benefits, including; agenda for change salary, NHS pension and the 5% outer London Fringe.
As an innovative and forward thinking service, we offer opportunities for Supervision and Long Term Conditions training and 4 in-house CPD days per year. There is plenty of scope for career development within Mind Matters with Many of our team progressing into senior roles over time.
Main duties of the job
Wed like to hear from you if you are a CBT Therapist, or newly qualified CBT Therapist that can evidence their passing of the IAPT qualification below:
IAPT Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological therapies
BABCP Provisional/Full Accreditation. If you are newly qualified you will be able to evidence passing your course and be waiting to receive your exam board letter if you have not yet received it.
Recent evidence of working as a CBT Therapist within IAPT
Good IT skills and excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with colleagues and other services.
You will be required to work a minimum of one evening per week Mon-Weds until 8pm. Mind Matters operates Monday to Saturday and all weekend work includes an additional pay enhancement.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates seeking full time employment, but will consider part time for excellent candidates who can work a minimum of 3 days per week.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Job description Job responsibilities
As a CBT therapist you will expected to be computer literate, manage your own caseload using IAPTus. In addition, you will attend weekly supervision and monthly line management and team meetings.
You will be expected to deliver one to one and group, evidence based CBT sessions in person either in Chertsey when required and over the telephone and Teams video if applicable.
We encourage our team to be involved in working with other agencies and your role will involve liaison with other teams with the potential to be co-located.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Evidence of passing IAPT specific High Intensity CBT Training - Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological therapies.
- BABCP Provisional/Full Accreditation
- If you are newly qualified, you will be able to evidence passing the IAPT qualification. You may already have received your exam board date and be eligible for BABCP provisional accreditation.
- If you do not have evidence of having submitted your BABCP provisional accreditation you will be paid a fixed term Band 6 salary until this can be evidenced.
- Additional qualifications in Supervision or Long Term Conditions Training or EMDR or MBCT or CBT Couples therapy or DIT
- Recent evidence of working as a High Intensity CBT Therapist within IAPT.
- Use of IAPTus information database or equivalent.
- Good IT skills and excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with colleagues and other services.
- Experience of being co-located with other services
- Experience in setting up new in person clinics or being involved in Service Development projects
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.