- The post holder will be based at Meadowbrook Unit. The Speciality doctor will be a senior member of the team providing medical leadership and day to day medical care for patients the 23 inpatients at the Eagleton ward team, as well as supporting and contributing to the management and development of the ward functioning. The post holder will work with the Home-Based Treatment Team and Care Coordinators from the three Community Mental Health Teams in Salford, to facilitate discharge, and provide an alternative to inpatient admission under the supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- The post holder will receive clinical and managerial supervision by consultant psychiatrists within the division.
- The post holder will primarily conduct ward rounds as deputised by the Responsible Clinician. This will involve new patient assessments and follow up of patients in consecutive weeks to facilitate treatment and plan a safe discharge,
Main duties of the job
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the Medical Director and in accordance with the Trust's personnel policies and procedures. This may include assessing competences under the Modernising Medical Careers framework.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively, and submit this promptly to the Information Department.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the directorate and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) is one of the leading mental health trusts in the UK.
Serving a population of 1.2 million people, the Trust employs around 6,400 people who make a difference across 160 locations. Situated in one of the most exciting and affordable cities in Europe, GMMH provides community and inpatient mental health care, alongside substance misuse services across the North West.
GMMH is one of the most active research trusts in the UK, with one of the highest levels of recruitment to clinical trials for mental health. This puts our staff and service users at the leading edge of new mental health treatments.
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
The Trust provides a range of specialist services including prison in reach across the North of England, a specialist centre for mental health and deafness and in patient perinatal mental health care.
We have been rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commission. Our substance misuse services, and leadership were rated as 'Outstanding'.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To participate annually in a job plan review with the Lead Consultant and Head of Operations, which will include consultation with a relevant manager in order to ensure that the post is developed to take into account changes in service configuration and delivery associated with modernisation.
- To work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services, and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- To comply with the Trusts agreed policies, procedures, standing orders and financial instructions, and to take an active role in the financial management of the service and support the medical director and other managers in preparing plans for services
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.