An exciting opportunity has arisen for High Intensity CBT therapist to join the IAPT service delivered by Talking Therapies Southwark (TTS). We are seeking enthusiastic CBT therapists who are passionate about developing their skills in order to help improve the lives of others. Successful applicants can expect to join a highly valued and motivated TTS workforce who are committed to develop a person-centred and effective psychological assessment and treatment service to the local population. We welcome qualified CBT therapists and those who will soon qualify to apply, ie CBT trainees who are on track to complete all the academic and clinical requirements of their CBT training by the end of the academic year of the course.We are keen to offer CPD and training opportunities. Funding are available to permanent staff who are keen to develop their therapeutic skills in modalities other than CBT, e.g. IPT, EMDR, BCT.
Main duties of the job
You will offer assessment and 1:1 high intensity CBT interventions via telephone, video or face-to-face appointments. As part of your role you will also receive weekly supervision as well as opportunities to provide supervision to other colleagues in the team. As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage.
Talking Therapies Southwark has been commissioned to provide the adult Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service for Southwark since 2008, and currently we have over 80 WTE staff. There are two locality-based teams, each responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients referred by, or registered with, the GP practices in their part of the borough. The south team is currently based at the Maudsley Hospital in Camberwell and the north team at the Munro Centre near London Bridge. Within each team, CBT therapists, psychologists, counsellors, psychological wellbeing practitioners and career coaches work closely together, offering assessment, psycho-educational workshops and groups, as well as individual treatment sessions covering all the IAPT-recommended therapy modalities. The South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is the lead provider for the Talking Therapies Southwark partnership.
Our Trust headquarters is located at the Maudsley Hospital in Denmark Hill, London. It is less than 5-minutes walk from the train station (zone 2) and is within walking distance from the beautiful green spaces of Ruskin park and the vibrant high-street that offers great shopping opportunities and with a wide range restaurant.
Job description Job responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities are outlined separately - please refer to the attached document.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience of working as a psychological therapist using CBT to treat common mental health problems in adults (A/I)
- Experience of collecting and recording patient reported outcome measures to monitor progress (A/I)
- Experience of carrying out psychological assessment including assessment of risk (A/I)
- Working in an IAPT stepped care framework (A)
- Delivering IAPT-relevant psycho-educational or therapeutic groups or workshops (A/I)
- Working with one or more specific patient groups relevant to the IAPT service, e.g. older adults, people with long-term physical health conditions (A/I)
- Working in a GP surgery and/or community setting (A/I)
- Experience of teaching or liaising with other professional groups (A/I)
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Detailed knowledge of CBT as applied to common mental health problems in adults (I)
- Sound understanding of clinical governance (A/I)
- Familiarity with the IAPT stepped care framework for treatment of depression and anxiety disorders (A/I)
- Ability to meet agreed service targets and manage own caseload (A/I)
- High standards of communication skills, including written communication (A/I)
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation (A/I)
- Able to offer therapy in another language in addition to English (A)
- CBT therapist with BABCP accreditation OR CBT therapist in training, at post-graduate level, who are on track to complete all the academic and clinical requirements within the academic year of the course OR Doctoral level qualification in clinical or counselling psychology with substantial CBT experience (eligible for HCPC registration)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.