The Band 7 SCAMHS Non-Medial Prescriber will support the Service Manager and Locality Team Lead by overseeing the effective delivery of the locality service, and by providing expert clinical and medical decision making to the clinical team.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be able to provide senior knowledge and experience within the team and take a senior position in the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) to formulate & implement care plans and consider prescribing options. The post holder will provide clinical leadership and prescribing in complex situations that require diplomacy, negotiation skills, and sound clinical judgement and to include assessment of risk, risk mitigation and a holistic assessment of needs. As well as this, they will also be required to provide direct support to junior members of the team and act as a senior member of the service area.
The post holder will contribute to the provision of high-quality mental health services for Children and Young People within S-CAMHS. This will be achieved by working primarily within the locality S-CAMHS team and supporting county teams within the service working across the service area. The post holder will be expected to provide holistic assessment of children and young people experiencing ongoing mental health needs, manage risks associated and prescribe accordingly. The post holder will work to agreed job plan which will include holding a small number of CTP, undertake caseload management and running prescribing clinics primarily in-county or across the service area as the need arises.
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:o Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest;o Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire;o 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres;o Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services;o Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
Job description Job responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Interviews to be held on 16/02/2023.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
Person Specification Qualifications and Knowledge Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health Learning Disability or General)
- Masters degree
- Bachelor level degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Non-Medical Prescribing qualification
- Evidence of professional updating and development in the delivery services to Adult Mental Health or S-CAMHS
- Skills in interacting therapeutically with service users who have a range of presenting problems
- Knowledge of relevant DoH, clinical and NICE guidelines
- Knowledge/awareness of relevant legislation and guidance including the Mental Health Act (1983), Community Care Act (1990), Human Rights Act (1998), Mental Health Measure 2010. National Service Framework and Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of multidisciplinary team and partnership working
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Second Registered Nurse qualification.
- Recognised therapeutic training or qualification ( i.e. Family Therapy/ CBT/ CAT)
- Skills in assessing, planning, providing and evaluating mental health conditions in adult/child mental health
- Training in ASD/ ADHD Diagnostic assessments
- Skills in co-ordinating complex care packages
- Experience of working with a range of statutory, non-statutory agencies.
- Experience of working in CAMHS secondary mental health services, and extensive experience of working with the wider system involved in children and adolescents lives such as social services, and education
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Experience of staff supervision
- Significant experience of working in mental health services
- Experience of delivering clinical interventions in a hospital/community setting
Language Skills Desirable
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.