Consultant Psychiatrist - All Age Eating Disorder Service, Nelson (10PA)
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
We are really excited to launch the recruitment process for this BRAND NEW post which has been introduced due to transformation of psychology lead services to full MDT and psychiatry modelling. The Trust is seeking a substantive, full time Consultant Psychiatrist to join the All age Eating disorder teams to work across the adult eating disorder pathway.
Main duties of the job
The main clinical duties are arranged around conducting outpatient clinics for new patients and follow up reviews. The consultant will usually chair a brief multi-disciplinary meeting during the week to review the patient progress and to assist with task managements for his/her patients. A more detailed MDT review is held for each patient at least on a yearly basis.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Study leave budget of £3000 over 3 years or up to £5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Relocation package available.
At our Trust, we're really keen to develop our Consultant workforce and nurture their areas of interest in a flexible way where possible. Come and have a chat with us about what your special interest or development area and build a suitable job plan with us.
We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
The Job Description has been submitted to the Royal College of Psychiatrists for approval.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Knowledge, skills and experience appropriate to this role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.