Derbyshire Healthcare is unable to sponsor international applicants in this role. You can find out more about how you can work in the UK by visiting Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The North Derbyshire CMHT for Adults of Working Age, based at The Ritz Building in Matlock, are looking for a Mental Health nurse to join our supportive team.
We are offering robust clinical and managerial supervision whilst supporting staff to develop within their role with support from our clinical lead.
It is an exciting time to work in the community mental health services as we will be soon entering a period of transformation in line with the Community Mental Health Framework (Living Well).
We seek individuals who are warm, engaging and focussed on person centred care.
You will be a good communicator, demonstrate respect and dignity.
We focus on empowerment and recovery for the service user and their families.
Risk assessment, formulation skills and care planning are essential.
You must hold a Mental Health professional qualification, applied knowledge & training in strategies to support individuals to manage their difficulties.
We would welcome informal visits with prior arrangement to meet our team.
Main duties of the job
The post will entail working with people who are experiencing severe and enduring mental ill health and enabling them through their recovery journey.
You will work with a caseload of service users and support the duty function within the team.
You will need thorough knowledge of the Care Programme Approach and be able to demonstrate expertise in risk assessment and management working in a community setting.
It is essential that you have good communication skills and that you operate as a well-integrated member of our friendly, multi-disciplinary team, maintaining a person-centred focus.
As a lead nurse, you will have demonstrable RMN post registration experience and be able to demonstrate post registration study and development.
You will also need to demonstrate expertise around NMC nurse competencies.
You will be expected to be a role model, offering mentoring and supervision to other staff and students.
We offer lots of supervision and training opportunities within the team to support practitioners development.
You will need to have the ability to transport yourself and service users across a wide geographical area without compromising service needs.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please view the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Registered Nurse RMN Essential
- ENB 998 or mentorship training
- Evidence of on going professional development
- Must have experience of working within a multi disciplinary team setting
- Experience of working within a community team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.