Sussex CAMHS paediatric mental health Liaison Services have an exciting opportunity for two new permanent, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrists
to join their newly enhanced paediatric mental health liaison teams. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those children and young people (0yrs-18yrs).
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail. Please note this post attracts a Golden Hello payment of up to £5,000 as well as a Relocation Package of up to £8000. Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
Main duties of the job
The service we provide is in line with NICE Evidenced Based Treatment for those children and young people. You will provide high quality specialist clinical assessments and consultations for to children, young people and their families in an Acute Hospital Setting, working collaboratively with other members of the team and the Acute hospital staff to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans. The post will be based in the Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital in Brighton and will also provide sessions to Hospitals in West Sussex.
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team. This post will work alongside other Consultants and Specialty Doctors who work in Sussex CAMHS. You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers at regular division meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.
Also, if you haven't thought about living and working in Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.
Job description Job responsibilities
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.