An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated safeguarding practitioner to join ELFT Corporate Safeguarding team in the new post of Deputy Named Professional for Safeguarding.
A primary focus for this role is to deliver a high level of safeguarding adults and childrens training therefore for the post holder will be an experienced clinician who has the credibility to deliver training to a high standard.
The role will include researching, developing and delivering safeguarding training in a variety of settings including the classroom and work based sessions in settings such as wards and clinics.
The role will work alongside the Named Professionals in the co-ordination, design, delivery and evaluation of safeguarding training for staff in ELFT.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a practitioner within his/her speciality field and will be expected to provide expert support & advice to support the delivery of high standards of care.
Work collaboratively with multi professional and multi-agency teams to safeguard children and adults
The post holder will act as a local expert and have an enhanced knowledge and experience of the Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act 1983, Mental Capacity Act 2005, the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 2007, Human Rights Act 1998 and the PREVENT Agenda.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please for further information kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Registered Adult / Mental Health Nurse / Registered Social Worker
- Educated to degree level in health or social care
- Evidence of continued professional development in safeguarding adults to level 3
- Mentorship / practice teaching qualification
- Safeguarding supervision training
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within professional role
- Experience of working with adults
- Demonstrated experience of co-working in highly complex and challenging environments
- Experience of managing risks and reporting and escalating concerns
- Experience in planning and delivering training
- Experience of holding safeguarding cases
- Experience of providing clinical, managerial or safeguarding supervision
- Experience of writing adult/child protection conference reports, attending adult/child protection conferences
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Knowledge of multi-agency working with adults
- Up to date knowledge of Care Act 2014, Human Rights Act, Mental Capacity Act policy, Mental Health Act , Children's Act 2004
- Experience of assessing risk and need for adults/children and demonstrating a sound knowledge and understanding of the possible signs of adult/ child abuse. This includes emerging contemporary safeguarding issues
- Understanding of diversity and equality issues and their application in safeguarding practice
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of autonomy and accountability and plan own work effectively, working to tight and often changing timescales
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of clinical governance framework
- Able to understand highly complex data and demonstrate good analytical skills
- Able to challenge decisions and articulate rationale effectively
- Forming, maintaining and promoting effective working relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of internal processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with conflict and remaining calm in stressful situations
- Experience in single agency and multi-agency audits
- Good understanding of a range of IT and clinical recording and IT systems including word, excel , PowerPoint, teams and zoom
- Evidence of teaching and presentation skills
- Able to contribute at multi-agency meetings
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.