Occupational Therapist Are you interested in working for a small, welcoming, supportive team? Are you a qualified Occupational Therapist who enjoys variation in your workload?
We'd like to hear from you! Mon-Fri role with occasional weekend work! 30 - 37.5 hours PW. (To be discussed)
We're recruiting for our West Somerset Community Rehabilitation Service (CRS) based at Minehead Community Hospital providing physical rehabilitation to the ward and the community of West Somerset. We are currently looking to expand our community links working in a more collaborative way with patients, other agencies and the voluntary sector within our local 'neighbourhood'.
This post is a variation of both community and hospital work.
So if you are passionate about person centred rehabilitation, want to experience community and ward working and continue to develop your skills come and join our team in West Somerset. We care about and will actively support your wellbeing as part of our team.
Main duties of the job About our service...
We provide the rehab to a 20 bedded rehab ward in Minehead with a view to getting someone home. As we also provide the rehab out in the community of West Somerset, you could follow the same person through once home to ensure they progress to achieve their potential in their home environment. This shows the role is more satisfying and rewarding for the staff as they see the patient through their rehab journey from start to finish. For the patient it can be better not to chop and change therapists also.
The Post Holder will:-
- Provide a high standard of Occupational Therapy within the Rehabilitation services.
- Participate in the development of the Rehabilitation Service in the community and within the Community hospital bedded environments.
- To provide advice regarding the rehabilitation management of patients to families, carers and other members of the MDT.
- Provide support, guidance and training to Senior Rehabilitation assistants, Rehabilitation Assistants and students.
- Responsibility for a caseload of complex patients within both the community and the community hospital bedded environments.
- Act as Clinical Supervisor and undertake Managerial Supervision, including Appraisal, for Band 5 Occupational Therapists and Rehabilitation Assistants.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
Full Job Description attached.
This position will provide the opportunity for you to develop holistic cognitive, environmental & functional assessment skills in the community hospital and surrounding community, across a variety of conditions. You will also develop your clinical supervision and delegation skills, rehabilitation and clinical skills, deepen your knowledge base and strengthen your clinical reasoning in a structured, supportive environment.
The OTs provide person centred rehabilitation and discharge planning to the ward, and continue the goal focused approach into the community. The team consists of OTs, Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Assistants with access to Pharmacy Technicians.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Proven post graduate experience with extensive clinical experience relevant to the post
- Experience of a wide range of clinical rehabilitation areas of practice to include elderly patients with complex multi-pathology, neurological, orthopaedics etc
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in a Community Hospital setting
- Desire to work with older people within a rehabilitation setting in Somerset
- Experience of supervising others
- Greater than 3 years post grad clinical experience
- Experience of supporting the implementation of change
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.