Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist
with a passion for working with adults with a learning disability?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to complement our specialist multi-disciplinary team working with individuals with a range of complex needs, including mental health issues, complex physical health needs and behaviours of concern. Occupational Therapy is seen as an essential part of the MDT within our services.
We aim to provide quality specialist services that respect individual needs and promote independence, recovery and social inclusion. You will oversee specific referrals for Occupational Therapy, identifying the level of need and priority for intervention. Delivering a range of interventions which will require you to draw on your knowledge of both mental and physical health within this role.
It is desirable for candidates to have training in Ayres Sensory Integration, however if you have not undertaken any training in this area we will support you to explore this within our team.
As a Trust we encourage our Allied Health Professionals to connect and share experiences, knowledge and resources. We empower our clinicians to take an active role in developing and shaping our workstreams. Our Great Yarmouth and Waveney Care Group AHP Lead will work with you to support with the development and implementation of new ideas.Main duties of the job
Within this role you will:
- Take a lead on developing and delivering an effective Occupational Therapy pathway for the service.
- Work autonomously and liaise with other agencies to ensure the delivery of high-quality care.
- To embed and utilise OT specific assessment tools and outcome measures to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions within the service.
- To provide specialist occupation-based clinical advice and guidance to the wider team.
- Work collaboratively with service users and carers to support the formulation of the service users occupational needs.
- Participate in Quality Improvement tasks to support the continued development of services.
- To support the delivery of in service training.
- To facilitate a minimum of one Occupational Therapy student placement per year.
- To participate in care group or Trust wide AHP workstreams where appropriate.
You will need to be conscientious and do everything you can to provide patient centred care. You will work within the NSFT trust values and be able to meet deadlines to ensure that the service is delivered safely and effectively making sure service users obtain the support and care they need in a timely manner.About us
Here at NSFT we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, talented, friendly and supportive team who like nothing better than sharing experiences and learning from each other. In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive. Why work for us?
We are an improving Trust, with ambitious aspirations and pushing ahead with exciting transformation work. We have strong, established nursing networks coupled with an exceptional leadership team who will ensure you are truly cared for and cared about. Why Norfolk and Suffolk?
The people here are warm and welcoming, you'll never be far from the beautiful coastline or Broads National Park. We're an hour and a half away from London and have an international airport in Norwich too. Our villages, towns and cities are packed full of history, independent cafes, shops and theatres. We have excellent shopping, eating out, top ranking schooling and affordable house prices too. Benefits
Benefits included with this role are: -
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- NHS pension
- a comprehensive in house & external training programmes
- career progression
- starting annual leave of 27 days per annum increasing to 33 days pa based on length of service (plus paid bank holidays)
- staff physio service
- NHS discounts and many more
- Relocation packages.
We welcome applicants for a band 5 position who will be supported on a developmental band 6 pathway within this role.
We are keen to speak to candidates from a diverse clinical background, especially those who have experience working in learning disabilities or mental health services If youre looking for a new challenge and want to find out more about this opportunity - please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please find attached our Job Description and Person Specification for more detail on your Key Accountabilities, then if you feel you have what it takes to make a difference in your local communities, click APPLY!
Interview dates are yet to be set; you will be contacted via email and invited to book a time. These emails may go to your SPAM, so please keep checking all your emails if applying. Please visit our Facebook and Twitter page @NSFTjobs
**This post attracts a recruitment premium of £3,000 (pro-rata for part time roles). This is a one off payment with half paid on appointment and half paid after the completion of a satisfactory probation period (6 months). The premium is taxable. Please note that should you leave employment, or choose to move to an alternative post within the Trust that does not attract this recruitment premium, you will be required to reimburse all or some of the payment. Please note this recruitment premium is for external applicants only. and not applicable to newly qualified nurses**Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma / degree in Occupational Therapy
- HPC state recognition
- Ongoing professional development
- Relevant post-graduate training courses
- Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge of mental health practice from previous experience
- Effective risk assessment and risk management experience
- Working in a team delivering person centred treatment packages
- Delivering group based interventions
- Ability to deliver OT assessment / treatments
- Basic computer skills including use of internet / email
- Risk assessment knowledge and skills
- Competent and effective treatment skills
- Knowledge of Psychosocial interventions
- Knowledge of health promotion
- Ability to travel independently
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.