Applications are invited for General Practitioner in Offender Health, based at HMP Fosse Way.
The post holder will provide high quality primary care medical services to the prison population of their HMP. At the same time other clinical tasks within Offender Health may sometimes be required.
The post holder will work in partnership with all members of the health care team in the relevant prison. They will also liaise with prison staff and relevant stakeholders in the secure healthcare environment including representatives of statutory and voluntary agencies. They will help to identify health need and achieve health gain for the prison population, utilising the existing prison health needs assessment and the local primary healthcare team's own information.Main duties of the job
o Provision clinical consultations to enable assessment, diagnosis and treatment patients with acute care needs and long-term conditions.
o Arranging investigations and onward referrals in line with national guidelines and best practice
o Maintaining ongoing prescribing of required medication in line with Safe Prescribing Guidelines.
o Managing and acting on pathology results and clinical correspondence.
o Responding to clinical queries from primary care teamo Delivering care in line with Notts Healthcare clinical guidelines and protocolsAbout us
Prison medicine is a dynamic and challenging area where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and lifestyles of a group of patients who face multiple barriers to improving their health and accessing appropriate healthcare.
Working within our Offender Health Directorate you will be part of a high quality and motivated team who provide integrated healthcare to 8 prisons across the region. You will have the opportunity to help shape and determine the future of healthcare to this patient population.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Provide clinical consultations to enable assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with acute care needs and long-term conditions Arranging investigations and onward referrals in line with national guidelines and best practice Maintaining ongoing prescribing of required medication in line with Safe Prescribing Guidelines. Managing and acting on pathology results and clinical correspondence. Responding to clinical queries from primary care team Provide senior clinical advice and leadership to the primary care team A key member of the primary care MDT and multipathway complex care team Delivering care in line with Notts Healthcare clinical guidelines and protocolsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCGP OR MRCGP equivalent approved by the Royal College of General Practice
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Eligible or within 6 months of being eligible for inclusion on the GMC General Practitioner Register
Clinical Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Approved GP Trainer
- Post graduate qualification in medical education or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge in General Practice
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Experience of clinical working in secure environments
Academic Skills and Lifelong LearningEssential
- Wide range of primary care experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experience as working as a 'Lead Clinician' in a primary care setting
- Experience of managing substance misuse in primary care or specialist services
- Ability to work in and lead a team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.