Thank you for your interest in the Clinical Director post for Alliance. Its an exciting time to join us as we continue to grow and develop our range of services.
Based in Teesside, Alliance has been providing a range of commissioned counselling and psychological therapies services to our local communities for over 20 years and has become the largest, most trusted psychological therapy provider in the area. Our aim is to ensure that local people have access to high quality, evidence-based support provided by a team of trained and dedicated staff. We put people at the heart of everything we do and pride ourselves on delivering quality, holistic and evidence-based services, demonstrating excellence in mental health provision.
We are looking for an inspiring and experienced Clinical Director to work alongside our Managing Director and take our range of Psychological Therapies services forward. We expect you to take a lead on the development and direction of existing and new business opportunities for our Workplace Wellbeing services and have clinical oversight and leadership of Impact on Teesside, our flagship Primary Care Psychological Therapies service.
Impact on Teesside - https://www.impactonteesside.com/
Alliance Psychological Services - https://www.alliancepsychology.com/
As a key person in our Senior Management team, you will also help shape our organisation in line with our established culture, developing and articulating Alliances vision and strategic aims.
Main duties of the job
You will bring motivational clinical leadership, be an effective team player with strong influencing skills and be able to deliver continuous professional and service improvement. We're looking for someone with a genuine interest in leading our staff team to make a difference to the communities we serve. You'll be an inspiring, passionate, collaborative, and dynamic leader with a deep personal commitment to improving mental health and outstanding communication skills.
Ideally a registered and practicing healthcare professional (e.g., BABCP, BACP, NMC, HCPC), you will offer substantial experience in management alongside continuous professional development. You will need to demonstrate comparable experience of working at Leadership level within a health & care or psychological therapies focused business and/or within the NHS. Importantly, you will be seeking a new opportunity to develop your career with an employer with a strong history of delivering high-quality services to our local communities.
You will be able to contribute as a strategic thinker with an analytical mind, responsible for identifying opportunities to help our clients as well as growing the overall organisation. We are looking for the successful candidate to build and preserve trusting relationships with our staff, our colleagues in other organisations and our clients.
Applications should be submitted through the NHS Jobs site
Closing date for applications: Sunday 5th February 2023
All Interviews Face to face in Teesside:
First stage interview:14th February
Second stage interview:1st March
Third stage interview:6th March
We think this is an exciting opportunity to build upon our very strong reputation. If you share our ambitions, values and determination and want to work as part of our Alliance family, we would be keen to hear from you.
To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Anne Drummond or Leanda Kane Fidgeon on 01642 352747.
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, 38 days annual leave pro rata, rising 1 day every 5 years of service (as well as the option to purchase additional annual leave) EAP health scheme including costs towards eye tests/glasses, dental treatment, physio treatment and shopping discounts alongside a 3% contributory pension scheme. We also offer lots of health and wellbeing initiatives for our staff and promote flexible working for a positive work life balance.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in our employment practice and service delivery. We are signatories to the Mindful Employers Charter. Alliance also has Investors in People status and is committed to the National Living Wage.
Alliance follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of clients. Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
Job description and Job Responsibilities
- We want to improve the lives of people we work with offering services to meet their needs.
- We want to provide the best possible services to our local communities services delivered by committed, well qualified and experienced teams.
- We want our services to be easy to access, equitably delivered and quickly available.
- We want our staff to be enthusiastic about the work they do, enhancing and developing their skills and about the quality of services.
- We want our staff to feel valued and important to the organisation, and to understand the part they play in helping us to achieve our aims.
- We aim to work alongside and in collaboration with other organisations which share our values.
- We go the extra mile to achieve what we want to do.
We are looking for strength and experience in these areas:
- Lead on clinical strategy and provide overall clinical leadership and operational management to all clinical service areas for Adults
- Provide support and input to Alliances overall business strategy for our range of clinical services for adults
- Have oversight of the management and delivery of the Impact on Teesside service working with its Management & Leadership Teams to ensure that all contractual targets are met
- Support the development of our range of Workplace Wellbeing, training, and private therapeutic services in collaboration with the Service Lead
- Ensure delivery of the highest level of clinical and therapeutic care together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against quality performance indicators.
- Provide leadership, organisation, and co-ordination to ensure effective clinical governance in collaboration with the Quality & Governance Lead and contributing to the Quality Account and other relevant regular Governance Reports
- Promote high standards of care and the development of best clinical practice across teams.
- Promote Alliances approach to staff and service management and maintain our ethical values as embedded in our Statement of Values
- Ensure supervision standards which meet our services, clinician and company needs
- Lead and manage staff in a proactive and consistent manner, ensuring lines of communication and areas of responsibility are clearly articulated and understood
- Use effective planning techniques to ensure best use of our staff resources to deliver high quality, innovative and cost-effective services
- Oversee recruitment activity and workforce planning for future recruitment requirements across the relevant services
- Drive employee engagement by regularly requesting feedback from team members to maintaina positive team environment and support Alliance being a great place to work
Quality, Outcomes, Compliance and Governance
- Participate in a range of internal and external working groups and forums including Regional & Local IAPT Provider, Mental Health Alliance, Quality & Governance, Operational and others, taking a lead where appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organisations and others working in the field of psychological therapies and mental health
- Facilitate compliance with Serious Incident policy and support staff in the investigation of serious incidents in line with policy.
- Ensure compliance with policy on safeguarding, whistle blowing and complaints
- Ensure a culture of clinical audit and quality improvement is embedded in our services, through the ongoing development of quality schedules and CQUIN indicators, and monitor these working closely with our Quality and Governance Lead
- Support the Quality and Governance Lead with the ongoing development of the annual programme for quality assurance and improvement activity for the team to enable delivery for objectives around quality
Financial and Commercial
- Responsible for working on budget forecasting and effectively managing the allocated service budgets with the Managing Director
- Supporting business growth, input into bid writing for new tender opportunities and supporting meetings and presentations
- Contribute to the development of Alliance policies, procedures, processes, and initiatives
- Line management of senior managers including the Impact Management Team, the Quality & Governance Lead, the Operational Lead, and the HR Lead
- Ensure effective communication with Alliances Senior Management Team, providing clinical advice as required.
- Successful experience of building senior relationships ideally within the NHS or Healthcare