Consultant Psychiatrist - General Adult Psychiatry, Ormskirk (10PA)
*RRP payment Payable
* This post will attract a Recruitment & Retention Premia for 3 years as follows: 20% of basic salary in the first 12 months 15% of basic salary in the second 12 months 10% of basic salary in the third 12 months
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist to work as part of the West Lancs Community Mental Health Team (CMHT). This post is full time (10 PAs) and based at Ormskirk District General Hospital.
The postholder would be expected to participate on the Consultant On Call rota, for which additional remuneration would be paid.
Main duties of the job
This is a sector based job and the post holder will also work with the locality HTT and START. The post holder will carry no responsibility for inpatients. The consultant psychiatrist has a caseload of patients and will also be available at short notice to provide consultation and advice to other team members, although they are not required to act as care co-ordinator. The CMHT caseload would include new referrals to the CMHT and follow up of patients being supported by the CMHT.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Study leave budget of £3000 over 3 years or up to £5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we have significantly expanded our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, Mental Health Law, Audit & Effectiveness, and Locality Medical Director roles. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post. The Job Description was approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on 30 May 2022.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Knowledge, skills and experience appropriate for this role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.