This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the CAMHS Tier 3 service in Barnes (Richmond borough) in the heart of South West London as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Directorate of Southwest London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust is a well-established provider of mental health services to the population of South West London. We offer highly specialist CAMHS services, combining expertise in CYP moderate to severe mental health services, we are embedding I-Thrive across our Boroughs.
We are looking for a consultant with the interest and skills in providing strong medical leadership to take our services forward.The role is being offered on a permanent basis, alongside a tailored management leadership programme for those individuals who would be interested in pursuing this.
As a Trust we are proud to offer agile and flexible working opportunities as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work Monday to Friday
in the time frames from 9am to 6pm
, giving you the very best of good work life balance.
Additionally, we offer a number of enhanced benefits, including a relocation package available- Up to £8,000 relocation package available *terms and conditions apply*
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be a Consultant Psychiatrist providing medical leadership to the CAMHS Tier 3 service in Barnes (Richmond borough) and will provide medical consultant psychiatric assessments and treatment to patients.
The Consultant will work in the Richmond CAMHS Team which provides Multidisciplinary assessment, care co-ordination and treatment for young people identified as having a moderate mental health problem. While primarily responsible for delivering a quality clinical service, the consultant psychiatrist is also expected to be actively involved in the strategic development of the team and broader services, being involved with the team manager and locality manager in helping to steer the development of the service in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.
The Consultant will carry overall responsibility for the day-to-day clinical care, risk assessment, risk management, initiation of medication, and the recovery focused care delivered by the Team.
The postholder is expected to assess Richmond children in distress who present to Kingston Hospital. It is therefore important that the postholder is section 12 approved
The role is offered on a substantive basis with 6 PAs. Closing date: 5th February 2023 (midnight) Assessment date: 13th February (via MS Teams) Interview and AAC panel date: 14th February
We are Proud to Belong at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive. About our location: Barnes Hospital, Barnes
Our community hub is near shops, restaurants and stations at Barnes Bridge, Mortlake and Barnes with trains to Richmond, Kingston or Clapham Junction. From January 2023 work on a new hospital building will begin, creating a mixed use development on site. Services will relocate in January 2023 before returning to Barnes after a year.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Medical leadership within the team.
- Availability within normal working hours, for urgent assessments including mental health act assessments.
- Assessment clinics (Choice appointments under the CAPA model)
- Treatment with medication, mental state monitoring
- CPA reviews with care coordinators / reviews with team members as agreed with the team manager
- Assessments at the local District General Hospitals for psychiatric emergencies
- Occasional psychiatric assessments outside the team base eg home visits
- Occasional GP liaison meetings
- Occasional meetings with colleagues in paediatrics and community paediatrics
- Liaison with the London Borough of Richmond childrens social care and education departments
- Participation in research as relevant to the service
- Participation in clinical governance
- Supervision of junior medical staff
- Teaching of medical students
- Participation in the Trusts Consultant On Call Duty Rota.
- Involvement in service planning
- Contribution to strategic meetings with partner agencies and the CCGs.
- The Consultant will also be expected to take on additional work within the Trust, such as working groups and committees, usually at the request of either the Clinical Director or the Medical Director.
- The Consultant is expected to maintain Section 12 approval
- He/she is expected to be registered for and participate in continuing professional development.
- The consultant will receive cover from consultant colleagues in the community teams, for leave and other absence as below.
- Cover for absence, including the 4 PAs within working hours when the consultant does not work, will be shared by the Borough consultant and the neighbouring Borough consultants.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.