This is an exciting time to join the Black Country Healthcare Organisation, as well as the locality of Sandwell, as we undergo the Community Transformation initiative.
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist with a passion for delivering excellent quality patient care, interest in Service Development projects and a willingness to share learning/support the development of more junior staff and students.
You will be joining the Sandwell community team, which provides assessments, interventions and ongoing support for working age adults, with mental health needs. The Team itself is a Multi-disciplinary Team consisting of CPN's, Psychologists and STR workers. The South Treatment Team offers a variety of Occupation focussed interventions both group based and individual based.
As a member of the Sandwell community team and wider Sandwell OT community team, you would have access to:
- In-house training within the Trust on both O.T. specific and Non - O.T. specific Skills (e.g. CBT and DBT Skills and Knowledge).
- Opportunities for training with external providers, CPD related and with protected study time.
- Strong professional structures, with regular access to the team managerial system (team deputy and team manager) and OT Professional Support provided by Team Lead, and the Trust's AHP Lead.
- Regular Peer meetings with fellow 'Senior/Specialist OT's' across the trust to share learning and project opportunities.
Main duties of the job
As an Occupational Therapist within the Sandwell community team you would be responsible for providing and coordinating specialised Occupational Therapy based assessments and interventions, in a range of different environments, including Quayside House (base of operations), Individual's homes and local community centred. Interventions will also comprise of both individual and group-based Occupation focussed interventions.
You would be responsible for developing the Occupational Therapy Service within the Sandwell community team with the support of the Occupational Therapy Team Lead. There will be further opportunities to contribute towards the transition of the Occupational Therapy Role within the team within the post transformation environment.
Supporting the facilitation of student placements, is a key priority of the organisation, which is therefore translated to this role. We are looking at supporting clinicians with flexible ways of doing this such as sharing students and facilitation of tutorials, which as a member of the team you would have the ability to contribute to the ongoing development of this.
As an Occupational Therapist within the Sandwell community team, there are some additional team related responsibilities, such as team assessments and the 'Duty worker' role.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region, we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services
- Specialist learning disability services
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
We currently employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Job description Job responsibilities
In addition to the information listed above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills in regular contacts with service users, families and carers as well as other professionals.
- Experience of working closely with Multi-Disciplinary Teams, as well as wider inter-agency teams.
- Compassion, Empathy and a Caring approach with every interaction, in line with the Trusts behaviours.
- A detailed knowledge of the Model of Human Occupation as well as Occupational Formulation, and experience of using this in practice.
- A flexible approach to the post, both in relation to engaging service users, but also to support the service in meeting its needs.
- Enable and empower service users through clinical work, as well as fellow staff and students through facilitating supervisions.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Evidence of post registration relevant to Mental Health practice
- Ability to carry a caseload of service users with complex and diverse needs in a mental health setting
- Experience of Supervision
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Post registration research
Skills/Personal qualities Essential
- Commitment to client-centred, nondiscriminatory practice
Trust Behaviours Essential
- Be compassionate, empathetic and caring to everyone
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.