Coborn Centre for Adolescent Mental Health: Specialty Doctor Post Advert Location: East London NHS Foundation Trust Posted: January 2023 Specialty: Adolescent in-patient Contract type: Fixed term Hours: up to 10 PAs per week Contact details: Dr Ravi Patel Associate Clinical Director firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Vivian Lead Nurse and Service Manager email@example.com Description:
We are pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen at the Coborn Centre for Adolescent Mental Health. This is a specialty doctor post, for up to 10 sessions per week, for 6 months in the first instance with the option to extend.
The Coborn Centre is a highly specialised Tier 4 in-patient service for adolescents with severe and complex mental disorder. It is based in vibrant multicultural East London. The service is a centre of excellence, rated as Outstanding by the CQC and as Excellent by QNIC.
Main duties of the job
The Coborn Centre comprises of 3 provisions including a PICU service, an Acute ward, and a Day Service. There is a highly experienced, well established expert multidisciplinary team providing a comprehensive holistic biopsychosocial assessment and treatment packages to young people and families.
The post holder will work closely with the 3 consultants in the service and with the multidisciplinary team in the assessment and management of young people and families with severe and enduring mental disorder as well as liaising with community stakeholders including CAMHS, Social Care, Education, Youth Offending Teams, Acute Hospital and Adult Mental Health teams.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information relating to this vacancy please see attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Education Essential
- MB.BS, MBChB or equivalent
- Full Registration with the GMC
- Higher degree
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualification (in accordance with Royal College of Psychiatrists guidelines)
- oApproval under Section 12(2) of Mental Health Act 1983, or plan to gain approval within 6 months of appointment.
- oAt least three years' experience of psychiatry clinical practice post medical qualification
- oAppreciation and social and cultural factors of relevant to psychiatric practice
- oExperience of and commitment to clinical care of individuals with severe and enduring mental health conditions
- oExperience of working with young people with mental health problems of an acute and severe nature
- oExperience of Quality Improvement projects & Clinical Audit
- oGood working knowledge and experience of the application of the Mental Health Act
- oAbility to work as a part of multidisciplinary, multi-model team
- oAbility to manage complex workloads and support others to do that Consultation skills to services, teams, and individuals
- oCommitment to working in multidisciplinary setting
- oCommitment to working with service users on service development
- oAbility to work in multidisciplinary team and provide leadership for the team
- oSelf-motivating and innovative
- oClear, effective communication style Expertise in risk assessment
- oA balanced approach to risk management, based on warm therapeutic interactions with service users
- oConfident in therapeutic risk taking
- oCommitment to clinical governance and QI
- oFlexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- oAbility and commitment to work with carers and families
- oAbility to adjust therapeutic approaches according to service users' cultural needs
- oAbility to cope effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- oCourteous and respectful of patients, families and carers
- oAssertive, independent, flexible
- oCapable of multi-disciplinary and inter-agency working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.