We are holding a Recruitment Open Day on Friday 27th January 2023, 10am-4.30pm, Holiday Inn, Aylesbury, New Road, HP22 5QT
Please feel free to submit an application and attend the open day for your interview! Additional information attached to the advert, please review and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is a Top Employer Award Winner and works in partnership to provide responsive and dependable primary care, mental health, intellectual disability and substance misuse services to the diverse and culturally rich communities we serve.
In our quest to deliver patient-focused quality care we are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Medicines Management Technicians
to join our forward thinking, friendly and expanding Health & Justice
team at HMP Aylesbury.
By joining our Prisons Health Care Team, you will not only look after the healthcare needs of our patients residing in secure environments, but who also have the opportunity to have a real impact on promoting health and well-being.
Our motto is Caring NOT Judging
so by working in partnership with the criminal justice system and other agencies, we provide responsive, dependable and high-quality primary care and mental health services to those who may have offended and those at risk of offending in the communities we serve, to improve their health status and to encourage social inclusion. PLEASE NOTE ANY CANDIDATE WISHING TO APPLY FOR ANY OF OUR ROLES IN SURREY WILL BE SUBJECT TO VETTING CLEARANCE. WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE BEEN A RESIDENT IN THE UK FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA NEED NOT APPLY.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have a BTEC/NVQ Level 3 in Pharmaceutical sciences, experience in a secure environment is desirable but not a requirement. You will be able to demonstrate your competency and pharmacy practice skills by use of a practice portfolio. The successful candidate will demonstrate good organisation and prioritisation skills.
You will have good communication and time management skills. You will be responsible for contributing and lead towards efficient medicines management systems, along the pharmacist, to ensure safe and secure handling of medicines.
You must have exceptional interpersonal skills and a non-judgemental approach to liaise with service users who present with a wide range of complex health needs.
You will work alongside a multidisciplinary staff team in an environment which is challenging and fast paced. You will be required to work alone without direct supervision at times so you should be able to use your initiative to solve problems in a methodical manner which supports the service users and day to day operations of the service.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust offers its staff ongoing career progression through:
- Monthly supervision
- Annual personal development plans/appraisals
- Access to exciting internal and external training opportunities.
Excellent progression through various career pathway opportunities such as but not limited to:
- Preceptorship Programme
- Support and guidance with Revalidation
- Hidden Gem and annual award ceremonies
Excellent staff benefits, our benefit packages are amongst the best in London and include:
- Childcare vouchers
- Health and wellbeing services
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Relocation package
The trust alsovalues its staff and you are entitled to become a member of MyTrustBenefits. MyTrustBenefits is an online portal for all CNWL staff, as well as their family and friends. It offers over 1400 discounts at hundreds of retailers nationwide. Save money on your weekly food shops, toiletries, cosmetics, cinema, meals out, holidays, travel and entertainment. You can also access free online courses on a variety of topics, professional and personal, ranging from business management, languages, law and teaching.
Most of our sites offer free use of the onsite leisure facilities and free parking for staff.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings.
Job description Job responsibilities
**Please see attached job description and job specification for more information**
- To assist the Pharmacy Team in the development and delivery of a medicines management service to HMP Aylesbury using the in-house electronic prescribing
- To delivery of a safe and effective medicines management
- To act as an Accredited Checking Technician and Medicine Management Technician, when required.
- To administer medicines to patients, once deemed
- To work within the operational pharmacy team and represent pharmacy when requested/required.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- NVQ Pharmacy Services or equivalent recognised qualification
- Registered Practicing Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Accredited Checking Technician
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE Essential
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician
- Experience of work-based medicines management
- Experience of hospital pharmacy
- Previous experience of working in a mental health environment
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES Essential
- Sound Therapeutic and clinical knowledge
- Ability to work along or as part of a team
- Good understanding of clinical governance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.