Are you an International Mental Health/Psychiatric Nurse looking to join the NHS and be part of something special? Have you passed IELTS/OET and completed the Mental Health Nurse CBT and have NMC permission to sit the Mental Health OSCE exam?
Why not continue your career in the NHS and obtain Mental Health NMC registration here in UK? We welcome applications from nurses who hold a Mental Health degree certificationorgeneral registered nurses who have experience in mental health and have been working in a mental health setting.
You will initially join as a Senior Healthcare Support Worker at Band 4 (working towards a Band 5 Mental Health Registered Nurse). You will be provided with the necessary training and support to prepare and successfully complete your OSCE, this includes:
- OSCE training programme to help you successfully pass your OSCE
- Transport to the relevant OSCE centre
- One funded attempt to pass your OSCE (subsequent attempts would be funded by yourself)
- Full professional and pastoral support throughout your application process, OSCE and induction into the NHS
- Fully paid Visa and flights to the UK up to the value of £700
- 2 months paid temporary accommodation
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to help you excel in your new role
Upon successful completion of your OSCE and registration with the NMC you will then join the Mental Health workforce. We have vacancies in Weston Super Mare, Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Devizes and Salisbury.
Main duties of the job
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals to ensure that the clinical, environmental and social needs of the service users are met by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care programmes. You will also support junior staff and nursing students and participate in their professional development while working on the ward.
Typical shift patterns are: Early Shift (7:00 - 15:00), Late Shift (13:30 - 21:30) and Night Shift (21:00 - 07:30). Each shift includes a 30 minute break.
We value your hard work, skills and experience and return we offer:
- Full induction
- paid time to complete statutory and mandatory on line training before you start
- access to NHS staff discounts from many high street names including cash back on grocery shopping from many supermarkets
- automatic enrolment into the NHS pension scheme if eligible
- employer contributions to the NHS Pension scheme
- free access to Occupational Health & employee support
- to know that your work makes not only a difference to our service users but to the creation of a sustainable, efficient and reliable workforce.
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.
Job description Job responsibilities
To carry out clinical practice within designated clinical areas, ensuring that high quality evidence-based nursing assessment, care planning, interventions and evaluations for patients is provided. This will include:
- Undertaking a comprehensive, person-centred, nursing assessment and prepare care plans in consultation with the service users to provide the best nursing care
- Implementation of care and rehabilitation programme Evaluation of effectiveness of care provided in partnership with users
- Ability to implement research-based practice
- Following successful completion of preceptorship, ability to supervise junior andunqualified staff
- Ability to administer medicine within relevant Trust and legislative guidance e.g. NMCStandards for Medicines Management 2010 and the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- Ability to undertake risk assessment and develop risk management strategies forindividual clients; ICPA/SAP to people who present with mental health problems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the key elements of relevant mental HealthLegislation Ensure the ordering storage, administration and disposal of medication complies with relevant trust and legislative guidance e.g. NMC Standards for Medicines Management 2010,Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 and MHA (1983)
For further details please see the full job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing Degree OR General Nursing Degree with mental health experience
- IELTS or OET Pass
- Mental Health CBT Pass
- NMC Permission to sit OSCE exam
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.