We have a fixed term opportunity for a band 7 CBT therapist for 2 days a week for 11 months in Richmond Early Intervention for psychosis team (maternity cover)
The Richmond Early Intervention team is a multidisciplinary team including doctors, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, clinical psychologists CBT therapists and an employment specialist. We aim to provide a comprehensive package of care for people age 18-65 living in Wandsworth who have experienced a first episode of psychosis. We operate according to the ethos of early intervention which is based on flexibility, assertive outreach and supporting recovery. Each client is allocated a care coordinator and offered a range of interventions including family intervention, psychological therapies, arts therapy, employment support, medication and physical health assessment. We are an enthusiastic and caring team, for our service users and each other.
Main duties of the job
You would work as part of a supportive team of clinical psychologists and CBT therapists. Experience working with psychosis is desirable but not essential.
The CBT therapist will provide cognitive behaviour therapy to patients referred to the Richmond Early Intervention Team. This will include providing specialist cognitive behavioural therapy assessment and therapy for people who have experienced a first episode of psychosis as well as offering advice and consultation on clients' psychological care to other members of the Richmond EIS MDT.
The post holder is expected to operate within recognised professional guidelines and the overall framework of the Richmond Early intervention Services policies and procedures.
Please note it is a trust requirement for working in secondary care that applicants are qualified health care clinical practitioners with a core profession in one of the following: nursing, occupational therapy, social work, counselling/clinical psychology.
We will consider applicants in the final stages of their CBT training.
SWLSTG Trust offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
Job description Job responsibilities
1. To provide specialist CBT assessments of clients referred to the early intervention service based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources including self-report measures, rating scales, direct and semi-structured interviews. 2. To design and implement plans for the formal CBT treatment and/or management of a clients problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the clients problems, and employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy. 3. To be responsible for implementing a range of individual, family and group interventions based upon evidence of treatment efficacy, and which rely primarily upon CBT models. 4. To evaluate and make decisions about CBT treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic CBT models and complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group. 5. To engage in the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients in liaison with the multi-disciplinary team. To provide specialist CBT advice guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to clients formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan. 6. To contribute directly and indirectly to a CBT based framework of understanding and care to the benefit of all clients of the service, across all settings and agencies serving the client group. 7. To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and to provide advice to other professions on CBT approaches to aspects of risk assessment and risk management. 8. To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner, information concerning the assessment and CBT treatment plans of clients under their care and to monitor progress during the course of treatment.
Person Specification Training and Qualifications Essential
- BABCP Accreditation as CBT practitioner (or eligible and seeking accreditation)
- Post graduate Diploma/Masters in CBT
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following - nursing, social work, occupational therapy, clinical/counselling psychology
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioural Family Interventions for Psychosis
- Post graduate diploma/certificate in CBT for psychosis
- Experience of using evidence based psychological interventions for treatment of psychosis
- Experience of assessment and treatment of people with mental health problems, of varying severity and complexity, using evidence based psychological therapies, particularly CBT
- Experience of providing individual CBT treatments and in facilitating therapeutic/psycho-educational groups
- Experience with routine outcome monitoring
- Experience in establishing diagnosis/psychological formulation
- Experience of working in secondary mental health care in the NHS
- Experience of working in Early Intervention or with people who have experienced an episode of psychosis
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working and the ethos and model of EIS
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Skilled in the use of CBT assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- Advanced practitioner skills in CBT
- Knowledge of assessment for CBT
- Knowledge of our business and how it supports patient care
- Skills in the assessment and evaluation of risk associated with mental ill health and related psychopathology
- High-level knowledge in the assessment and evaluation of the psychological therapies for first episode psychosis
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.