Do you want to influence the delivery of occupational therapy services to working age adults with mental illness but continue to remain very hands on clinically?
LSCFT has a large occupational therapy workforce, working with working age adults with mental illness in multi-disciplinary teams, in in-patient and community settings across the organisations footprint.
Based in East Lancashire this post holder would work with clinical colleagues from a range of professions, team leaders, service managers and system partners to develop seamless evidence based pathways and support staff to deliver person centred, evidence based assessments and interventions. They would lead on the continual improvement of the clinical offer and further development of the evidence base through service evaluation and research.
You will be registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council, educated to Masters Level in your area of professional expertise (or working towards this), have strong leadership and advanced clinical skills and significant experience of working across organisational boundaries, to innovate and transform services.
In exchange we will support you to achieve your potential as both a senior leader and a clinician. If you are wanting to join us on our improvement journey and take the next exciting steps in your career, we'd love to hear from you.
For further information contact:
Holly Pye: email@example.com
Margaret Michael: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
As the consultant occupational therapist you will work across the four pillars of clinical practice, professionally leading the allied health professionals working with working age adults with mental illness in the Pennine locality. You would carry a caseload of complex patients appropriate to your specialism, co-work people's care with less experienced colleagues and offer clinical and profession supervision to senior occupational therapy colleagues from across the organisation.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information, please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- HCPC Registered Allied Health Professional in appropriate field of specialty
- Master's degree in health related subject ,relevant to area of clinical expertise, in progress or working towards
- Level 7 study or equivalent study in specialty related subject
- Evidence of continuing personal learning and development
- Student educator accredited and associated experience
- Advanced knowledge in professional practice relating to service area.
- Good Understanding of the role of partner organisations
- Thorough understanding of the policy/standards agenda in relation to practice, and an understanding of the broader policy drivers
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of contemporary, evidence-based practice and best practice
- Ability to undertake critical analysis of complex policy information and synthesise into an interpretable format
- Extensive post professional qualifying clinical experience providing highly advanced clinical skills within a senior position
- Clinical leadership and change management
- Effective working across organisational boundaries in the development and provision of services
- Evidence of significant contribution to clinical developments
- Provision of education to various and multi-professional groups
- Involvement in research, audit and clinical effectiveness
- Evidence of applying research in practice
- Ability to work autonomously in taking critical decisions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.