The Coborn Centre is a renowned child and adolescent mental health (CAMH) unit located in Newham, East London. We are part of a collaborative of inpatient and community CAHM services across North Central East London (NCEL). We look after young people aged 12- 18 and work closely with families, schools, local authorities and various community teams.
The Coborn Centre opened in 2006 and comprises of 12 acute beds, 16 psychiatric intensive care beds and up to 9 day service places. The service has led the way in the design of adolescent mental health facilities nationally. We were awarded an excellent by the QNIC accreditation process and also accredited as Outstanding by the CQC.
The Coborn Centre can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day youll be able to make a difference to the lives of the young people that access our services, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Main duties of the job
We would like an experienced, dynamic, compassionate and dedicated band 6 Clinical Team Leader to join our service.
As a Clinical Team Leader working in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:
- To provide clinical leadership to nursing team and ensure the provision of high quality.
- To ensure high quality individualized person center standards of care are delivered to all patients
- Ensure the effective supervision and development of staff
- To work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient with achieving their planned outcomes
- To act as the lead nurse in the assessment, implementation of care through to point of discharge
- To take charge of clinical area
- To take a lead on developing and maintaining communication with patients relatives, families and carers, to support them to support patients goals
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period.
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker for patients.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Mentorship certification
- Completion of Preceptorship
- -Experience at band 5 level or above working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
- -Experience of working in an inpatient setting
- -Working within a multidisciplinary team environment
- -Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care
- -Supporting and supervising students and junior staff
- -Experience working with young people with disordered eating
- -Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for complex patients
- Minimising clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices
- Able to work systematically and objectively in an environment with patients who can present high risk behaviours
- Able to manage time so that deadlines are met
- Ability to recognize and manage stress, in self and others
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work sensitively and compassionately with patients
- Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of risk management and how to plan care to account for risk
- Knowledge of quality improvement practices
- Current Developments in nursing
- Knowledge of supervision and reflective practices processes
- Flexible working patterns in line with service needs
- Awareness of equal opportunities in the workplace
- Able to work within the accountability framework Personal Integrity
- Personal Integrity
- Motivate team to providing the highest standards of care in a changing service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.