This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the CAMHS Tier 3 service in Kingston in the heart of South West London as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Directorate of Southwest London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust is a well-established provider of mental health services to the population of South West London. We offer highly specialist CAMHS services, combining expertise in CYP moderate to severe mental health services, we are embedding I-Thrive across our Boroughs.
We are looking for a consultant with the interest and skills in providing strong medical leadership to take our services forward.The role is being offered on a permanent basis, alongside a tailored management leadership programme for those individuals who would be interested in pursuing this.
As a Trust we are proud to offer agile and flexible working opportunities as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work Monday to Friday
in the time frames from 9am to 6pm
, giving you the very best of good work life balance.
Additionally, we offer a number of enhanced benefits, including a relocation package available- Up to £8,000 relocation package available *terms and conditions apply*
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be a Consultant Psychiatrist providing medical leadership to the CAMHS Tier 3 service in Kingston and will provide medical consultant psychiatric assessments and treatments to patients.
The Consultant will work in the Kingston CAMHS Team which provides Multidisciplinary assessment, care co-ordination and treatment for young people identified as having a moderate mental health problem. While primarily responsible for delivering a quality clinical service, the consultant psychiatrist is also expected to be actively involved in the strategic development of the team and broader services, being involved with the team manager and locality manager in helping to steer the development of the service in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.
The Consultant will carry overall responsibility for the day-to-day clinical care, risk assessment, risk management, initiation of medication, and the recovery focused care delivered by the Team.
The consultant will offer assessments and treatments to Kingston Hospital for young people in crisis. It is important that the consultant candidate is section 12 approved. There is an excellent liaison service supported by a psychiatrist for 3 days a week
The role is offered on a substantive basis with 8 PAs. Closing date: 5th February 2023 (midnight) Assessment date: 13th February (via MS Teams) Interview and AAC panel date: 14th February
We are Proud to Belong at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive. About our location: Tolworth Hospital, Surbiton
To create the very best environment to care for our patients, this site's layout will be transformed in 2025 to add a number of wards to the existing three. Tolworth has a canteen and is near shops, the A3, Tolworth station, and is a bus ride from Surbiton station, with fast connections to Clapham Junction and London Waterloo.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Medical leadership within the team.
- Availability within normal working hours, for urgent assessments including mental health act assessments.
- Assessments in Tier 3 usually one a week but depends on active case load
- Treatment with medication, mental state monitoring
- ADHD Shared care case load 80-100
- Case load non shared care 140
- CPA reviews with care coordinators / reviews with team members as agreed with the team manager
- Assessments at the local District General Hospitals for psychiatric emergencies
- Occasional psychiatric assessments outside the team base eg home visits
- Occasional GP liaison meetings
- Occasional meetings with colleagues in paediatrics and community paediatrics
- Liaison with the London Borough of Wandsworth childrens social care and education departments
- The consultant will be expected (usually once per academic term) to chair the CAMHS higher trainees Seminar. The consultant will provide training especially around Neurodevelopmental Disorders to the team and to colleagues working across CAMHS. When there is a CAMHS higher trainee within the team the consultant will provide educational supervision.
- The CAMHS Service line runs regular Learning events at which clinicians within the services provide talks to share skills and knowledge.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.